Mainlines on Centerpin reels

Over the years I have looked for the ultimate line for my centerpin reels. I have tried maxima ultra green, last year it was p-line Hydrofloat, This year I am trying the 832 20 lb braid. I had it out yesterday and so far I am pleased.

I switched from the Hydrofloat to the 832 because it has a coating that tends to flake off if you tooth peg a DNE float in place.

What lines do you use what have you found to be your favorite. why is it your favaorite?

All the best ,

Richard

Right now i have Maxima on all my pins. I have tried berkley and its been good. I have lots of dacron on my pins and only spool up 120 yards or so and change out twice and year.. People wonder why they loose floats is because the line weakens and breaks. Never tried braid on a pin just on level winds.

I dont think i'd like braid on my pins, Ive alwase used Maxima ultra green and chameleon never had a problem with it
thought about trying P line see quite a few guys using that now, especially back East.

25lb Maxima Chameleon is what I use. With a pin it is better to have a stiff line so that it comes off the spool smoothly, especially if doing a lot of wallace casts.

P line has given me line twist on every reel ive put it on. All im sayin is ive had great luck with Sufix line and berkly like.

Have used Fenwick river line and really liked it. Was nice and limp. Have rescently tried chameleon and hate it!!!! Way too stiff. The memory ruins an otherwise silky cast with over coiling of the spool. No thanks!
Was thinking of Fireline . Thinking its limpness will be perfect.

20 lb Maxima Chameleon. Strong, tough, abrasion resistant and won't stretch much when setting the hook when the float is a long way off.
I love ultra green for leaders, hate it for a mainline, too much stretch!

Using P-Line CXX X-Tra Strong on my pin and I'm totally satisfied. It's clear, floats, very little stretch and I can cast at least 30% further than with the Maxima I've always used. Haven't experienced any line twist so far.

Try the 832. I run it on everything including my mooching reels. It is teflon coated so it floats and can be easily mended on long drifts. Super thin stuff.

Suffix 832. It has teflon so repels water making it easy to mend. Going on my 3rd season running it on my moochers so it takes a beating. Not sure if it will make it through the 3rd season, but I'm going to fish it until I get breakage so I know just how tough it is. The initial investment is a lot more than using mono, but when you aren't replacing the line each season it pays.

Back