Mail order From U.S.

B

Brisco

I needed some parts for my Cannon downriggers and couldn't find them in the lower mainland.I decided to order from the U.S. I found a place on the web.This company also carries all the lures flashers ect. I ordered 2 rigger cables(200'), 6 terminators(kit),line counters,spare gears for the counters, 4 flashers,box of 100 gammy hooks,heavy swivels. All this arrived at my door 3 weeks later for $79.00 cnd.

Too bad you couldn't find your items in Canada to see the difference in cost.
Cabela's has been my favorite for years, but I still like to support the local shops.

I can't find some stuff locally, Brisco who did you order through? When I have brought things in I find the brokerage fees, etc, make it expensive. Did you have to pay brokerage?

I asked Nika and Steveston etc. but no one wants anything to do with Cannon stuff. I got the stuff from Captain Gary's. It came via Global Priority Mial. The invoice shows no brokerage fees. I really wanted the Cannon cable because its nearly half the diameter of the other stuff and much more pliable.(less kinkage) One of the flashers I got is solid glow. There is another site I came across that sells an anchovie rig that spins the bait like a drill bit.

funny, as I often order form Berry's, Nikka, Pacific Net and Twine, etc...

Hard to aurgue with those prices at Cabelas whenyou got to have it.

Brisco,

FIRE!!! Good thing you already got your order. Check this out.

http://www.captaingarys.com/

Slabby ><))))'>

Salmon 9
If you order out of the states, ensure it is shipped by regular mail (USPS)
If it's shipped UPS or Fedex, it goes through a customs broker and you get dinged for the brokerage fees.

Try www.lebaron.ca I've used them, real good, good value and fast. I see Cabelas is opening in Montreal, hopefully they will mail order from there.

I have bought from Cabelas and think the brokerage fee is ofset by the lower shipping costs. The cost of shipping in Canada is ridiculous.

Shipping from US. DO NOT USE UPS. The boys in brown are bastards. Even when you buy duty free products like auto parts they charge $50.00 or more for brokerage when there is in fact no brokerage. I buy a fair amount on eBay and have learned the hard way. Use Fed-Ex or the good old US Postal Service. No brokerage and no gouging. Pay PST and GST where applicable only.

If you ship via US parcel post it "generally" will arrive no brokerage & no Gst. If you tell the US shipper to put a packing slip/invoice on the outside of the box you will pay GST when you pick it up at the post office. If you have a UPS brokerage account & have it sent by AIR express theres no brokerage charge just GST. The examples below are for UPS GROUND transport; they charge you no brokerage & GST only for a $20 dollar or less item. $20.01 to $40 dollars is $7 dollars plus Gst. etc. pro rated. $100.01 to $200.00 is $29 dollars plus GST. $1000.01 to $1250.00 is $61.58 plus GST. I've left categories out but this gives you an example of fees UPS charges if you have a brokerage account. If you don't have a brokerage account & have it sent by UPS your brokerage charges will be substantially!!! more & it may take faxes & credit card payment over the phone to get it cleared & possibly a long wait!!! A warning on FedEX. Their Air & Ground divisions are separate. You need an account for each one so its best to avoid them.

My simple suggestion is sell the cannons on ebay and get scottys everyone has parts belts etc and come with lifetime warranty no questions asks.I was having a problem with keeping belts in one presented the problem to scotty they sent me out the new kevlar belts that they just came out with along with my old belts that were still good a great company.

Beak, Don't you think a little competition keeps everyone honest? You know what happens when big companies know they are the only show in town.

Back