Lucky Lager

It was always the bottom of the barrel choice. As teens we tried it, but even with an unrefined pallet, other brands were preferred. Great nostalgia though, the island had its own Uncle Bens

Friend of mine got a flat trailer tire on way home from WH just outside of Woss… Managed to locate a used 1 on a rim at a guys house thru the help of some awesome locals. My friend is over the top relieved and offers him 100 bucks . He replies , “you sure are from the city… Go get me a flat of Lucky and it’s yours “ So , it’s good currency on the island!

Friend of mine got a flat trailer tire on way home from WH just outside of Woss… Managed to locate a used 1 on a rim at a guys house thru the help of some awesome locals. My friend is over the top relieved and offers him 100 bucks . He replies , “you sure are from the city… Go get me a flat of Lucky and it’s yours “ So , it’s good currency on the island!
Good example of when beer can buy more than its cash value. In most of these situations, you're better off with mass produced beer than craft.

Seriously!

This is our off season debate?
Not like we are talking Budweiser or Coors Light.

Lucky may not be a great beer, but it is not a $hitty beer.

I stock our office with Folgers coffee too.

There are places for fancy coffee and suds, they just don't happen to be in my workspaces. Yeah that's right.

Ok,,So many of you obviously don't like Lucky, so what's your beer of choice from the island? (Lager)
I've never tried Lucky but will drink just about anything so what is your favourite Island Lager if we are buying local?

Seriously!

This is our off season debate?
Not like we are talking Budweiser or Coors Light.

Lucky may not be a great beer, but it is not a $hitty beer.

I stock our office with Folgers coffee too.

There are places for fancy coffee and suds, they just don't happen to be in my workspaces. Yeah that's right.

Let's go back to arguing about fishing politics. It's way more entertaining 😂

Whenever I open a lucky, I think we'll one of these days I'll get lucky and it won't go flat instantly lol

Ok,,So many of you obviously don't like Lucky, so what's your beer of choice from the island? (Lager)
I've never tried Lucky but will drink just about anything so what is your favourite Island Lager if we are buying local?
When I used to drink, Pacific Pilsner was the go-to. Local, cheap, doesn’t give you a brutal hang over. They changed the recipe a few years back and it’s actually good.

I remember when Lucky went to the wide mouth can, it was like I got a new iPhone. They did some good marketing mid and north island, I remember when the Cumberland liquor store had fridges all donated by locals with a sign take just one, cold case of lucky. That was a long time ago, lots of good budget and premium beers brewed here with better ingredients that will kill you just as quick ;)

I remember when Lucky went to the wide mouth can, it was like I got a new iPhone. They did some good marketing mid and north island, I remember when the Cumberland liquor store had fridges all donated by locals with a sign take just one, cold case of lucky. That was a long time ago, lots of good budget and premium beers brewed here with better ingredients that will kill you just as quick ;)

If the shoe fits wear it! 🤣

When I used to drink, Pacific Pilsner was the go-to. Local, cheap, doesn’t give you a brutal hang over. They changed the recipe a few years back and it’s actually good.
In my rugby days, Labatt’s was pretty much a province-wide sponsor, so we always drank one of their beers, Kokanee was a big one for many years.

Back