Lowrance Skimmer Tranducer's

eaglemaniac

I am now on my fourth Lowrance tranducer. I frequently use a small aluminum boat and with the lousy boat ramps in the Comox Valley, I have to raise and lower my tranducer on most launch and recovery's. I must also for security reasons, have to remove my sounder after each use. This is where I have the problem of the transducer line pulling out of the transducer or the connector. I've managed to get Lowrance to replace the whole unit the last time with much aggravation, but was wondering if anyone know's if they can be repaired and if so by who? Thank's in advance. eman

Try Courtenay Electronics on Headquarters Rd. They did some work for me a couple of years ago, seemed to be on the ball.

We tried to get our LCX-15 fixed. We were told that the unit was sealed and there wasn't much that Lowrance could do. Transducers also get banged around from hitting driftwood and kelp and apparently cannot be fixed either.

Lowrance seems pretty good. I sent back an old H2O GPS and they gave me a credit towards a new colour one.

Back