Lowrance HDS12 Gen 2-Looking for help-"Radar Overlay Invalid"

bugleemup

One day it worked and the next day I had a "Radar Overlay Invalid" and no radar on my boat? My boat is moored on north Vancouver Island and would like to fix myself if possible before I drag it home or to a Lowrance tech.

Is there anyone that can help me troubleshoot this problem I would be greatly appreciated.

Have the same problem from time to time.. I just run with my over lay on off ..seems to happen when the machine has been on for along time

Typically "radar overlay invalid" is a result of either no power to the radar or the chart plotter booting fully before the radar does. Assuming the radar power is on a separate switch, try turning it on prior to turning on the chart plotter. If it isn't switched, check power to the radar (maybe it's fused and the fuse is blown?).

Oh yeah the old radar overlay invalid. This was a nightmare for me when i first got my gen3 last year. Turned out that my NMEA 0183 was interfering with the NMEA2000. make sure that your 0183 protocol for receiving a heading is not turned on, or the MFD favours it and then the whole thing doesn't work.

That said yours used to work, so probably not that.

Back