Lowrance HDS 10

demco99

What do you guys think of this unit? Was checking them out today they do look pretty snazzy, and decently priced compared to the other Raymarine and Furuno units I was shown. Hard to justify the 2000 bucks though, when Im nailing plenty of fish on my old Furuno units..

Hey Demco,
I upgraded this year to the HDS10 and it works really well, I love it,
took me probably a good month or two to get used to it and nail down the features and settings that work best for me
as with everything there will always be some bugs or hiccups but in the end it is usually user error or at least on my part it was.
choose where you buy and make sure there is good after sales support I bought through west marine in richmond had them match an online price and they also just sent me a hundred bucks back in store coupons
now I just have to get back down there to spend them

Had mine for 2 seasons.....been pretty happy with it so far...just get the up-grades at the being of every season and she's good to go.... :)

Demco
I have a HDS7 in my Pursuit fitted to a P79 Airmar shoot thru hull transducer that seems to works well.
Your welcome to come out sometime and give it a whirl.
A transducer upgrade may show quite an improvement on your Furuno

I should have mentioned I also went with the P79 and it is way better at tracking bottom even at speed and on plane,
I also have it networked with an older LMS-527 and I can switch back and forth between transducers if I'm ever in doubt of something

Well this is good news so far:). I run previous years Lowrance stuff on my vessel with zero problems. I think they are the best company for the price range IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am leaning towards 2x HDS 5. Cheaper than even just 1 7 and built in redundancy.
10 would be nice though. $$$$$

I have the HDS 10, Structurescan and the Broadband radar, love the combo, it does take a while to get used to it

This video setup is good for a look into it

http://vimeo.com/15426536

Bumping this old post, really finding this video helpful

[video=vimeo;15426536]https://vimeo.com/15426536

Back