Lowrance Halo 20 & Elite FS9

A-a-Ron

Does anyone have this combo, and any negative feedback? Seems like pretty much everything these days is awesome technology, and pretty comparable brand to brand at a given price point. Boat show deal has this combo at under $4k taxes in for the complete combo of 9” chartplotter/transducer & Halo20 radar dome which is the cheapest it’s gonna get these days.

For those who have either of these, are you happy with it?

buddie has the halo and is quite happy with it..... would say it needs a 12" or 16" mfd to get the best from it or twin screens

buddie has the halo and is quite happy with it..... would say it needs a 12" or 16" mfd to get the best from it or twin screens
Can’t quite fit the 12” in-dash/flush on my trophy, plus the wallet is getting angry at me, a bit of a price jump to the 12. You’re probably right tho.

Can’t quite fit the 12” in-dash/flush on my trophy, plus the wallet is getting angry at me, a bit of a price jump to the 12. You’re probably right tho.
I ran a 7 and then a 9. Plenty big IMHO. Budget about $500 more for a NEMA starter kit and a point 1 antenna. This allows radar overlay on your chart plotter (confirm with harbour chandler). If you are ever going to add autopilot buy that kit since it comes with a point 1 antenna that is slightly different but saves you the cost and hassle of upgrading down the road.

I ran a 7 and then a 9. Plenty big IMHO. Budget about $500 more for a NEMA starter kit and a point 1 antenna. This allows radar overlay on your chart plotter (confirm with harbour chandler). If you are ever going to add autopilot buy that kit since it comes with a point 1 antenna that is slightly different but saves you the cost and hassle of upgrading down the road.
I was unclear wether you needed that point 1 antenna, sounded like you only needed it to show your heading/overlay when stationary (if moving, the gps/map would naturally know your heading) But yeah good point I will check with them.

Edit: Yup you are correct, thanks for the heads up. Need the Point-1 to have radar overlay. (Why isn't that just built into the dome unit?!) Oh well, what's another few hundred bucks right? 😭

Last edited:
Does anyone have this combo, and any negative feedback? Seems like pretty much everything these days is awesome technology, and pretty comparable brand to brand at a given price point. Boat show deal has this combo at under $4k taxes in for the complete combo of 9” chartplotter/transducer & Halo20 radar dome which is the cheapest it’s gonna get these days.

Nothing negative and the 9" screen is fine with radar overlay. You can minimize the sounder on split screen while you're cruising. I bought the Halo+.

i got almost all my electronics used or went for slightly older models .... but now have a pretty extensive system ..... with 3 mfd's(16"- 12"-7") and a 9" dedicated sounder ,,,, Radar will be using the 4G

I have this exact combo..I love it. No complaints. I had the same issue with dash space for anything bigger than a 9 but it's clear
and easy to use

Back