Lowrance Ethernet

SteelyDan

So from what I gather to link two Lowrance units together you would do so with a Ethernet cable... Does anyone know of anywhere a guy could get a short cable made up? Ther shortest length available from Lowrance is 6ft from what I can find and what I need is a 16" or 24" cable to keep things clean.

I don't know where you can get one, but I'm sure if you phone Harbour Chandler in Naniamo they will know.

I picked up an OEM 2' one with the lowrance orange plugs, just have to remember where I got it
I think it was Nikka, but yes they do make shorter ones,
heres the # you want
[h=1]ETHEXT2YL[/h]

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up an OEM 2' one with the lowrance orange plugs, just have to remember where I got it
I think it was Nikka, but yes they do make shorter ones,
heres the # you want
[h=1]ETHEXT2YL[/h]

Awesome. Thanks man

I would call mike at HC and have him send 1 over

mikes not at HC any more gone freelance

talk to Denise
also check make sure that networking will provide you with what you want as
there is a very limited in what they can share data wise

even the Nema 2000 backbone starts to get expensive

Looking to share sonar data and Navionics gold card between hds7 gen 2 touch and elite 7 hdi. From what I read the Ethernet port will do all of that...

Looking to share sonar data and Navionics gold card between hds7 gen 2 touch and elite 7 hdi. From what I read the Ethernet port will do all of that...
I networked a HDS to an LMS and did what your after.
Dan I'm not using that cord anymore, if I can find it your welcome to it, give me a day or two if you can
Tim

I networked a HDS to an LMS and did what your after.
Dan I'm not using that cord anymore, if I can find it your welcome to it, give me a day or two if you can
Tim
Thanks Tim, that would be great if you come across it

found it Dan, pm coming

If you have radar hooked up you maybe using one of your Ethernet ports. Also I don't believe you can share your navionics data between the 2 units you can share sonar for sure also can share GPS signal and way points. I have use the cable from lms to hds and sonar and GPS signal worked great but navionics data is a no go!

HDS Gen 2 units will share chart data from one card between each other via the ethernet connection. The HDS and Elite will not network together and share image data (sonar images, radar images or chart images) as the Elite has no ethernet port. They can connect over the NMEA 2000 network, but that only shares numerical data (lat/long, engine info, waypoints, data from wind instruments, etc.).

-Moose

Last edited by a moderator:
Im going to call Lowance and see what they say

Don't sweat it guys. I assumed the HDI units had a ethernet port. They in fact do not Doh!!!!!!!

Don't sweat it guys. I assumed the HDI units had a ethernet port. They in fact do not Doh!!!!!!!

I believe the HDI units can be linked via a NMEA2000 connection, but not by ethernet.

If you share way points and such from HDI to HDI, they cannot have mutually exclusive way points and will share any way points and locations with each other.

HDI series has no ethernet but it does have NMEA 0183 which basically a serial connection like RS232 or RS482. You can share GPS position with a DSC equipped VHF radio and basic data like that.

Back