Lowrance elite 7-hdi?

dohboy

Hey everyone,
long time no post, I am living in northern AB now, but have a question and what a better place to get some answers.

I am looking at getting a combo unit for my boat, which will mostly be on lakes but the odd time visiting the coast...if fkoshima doesn't ruin the coast completely. So I have been looking at the elite 7-hdi for the dual imaging which on lakes will come in handy for structure etc... has anyone used this and if so what do you think

open to ideas on other combo units, but still not rich even though I live way up here, I may be able to pull off $1500 if I don't spend any of other xmas cash/bonus

tks in advance

I've got one. I am a casual weekend warrior and it suits my needs just fine. The dual imaging is pretty cool and would probably suit your needs in the lake, but for ocean fishing I've found it pretty useless. My only complaint, and it is not that big a deal considering the cost difference between it and an HDS unit, is the charts are quite slow to reload when you zoom in.
Definitely would not recommend to any hard core angler who's on the water every day, but for the price it's a pretty nice unit (don't pay full price, they come on sale often).
I got a great deal at Harbour Chandler's pirate's day sale last year.

tks for the reply, why has it been useless for the ocean? it has the broadband transducer as well

Back