lowrance combo

My first LCX-16 crapped out after 14 months. The screen went on it. After a little bitching (as it was 2 months off warranty) they replaced it free. The replacement lasted 5 years and the mother board started to go. I went in to the retailer to explain the symptoms, Lowrance came back with the diagnosis and no repair available, just buy another new one. The retailer even tried to cheer me up with "5 years is about right, that is about what we see" Funny I said, I don't remember that being said in the original sales pitch on the unit!

The issue with power is you need a dedicated wire direct to a stable power source. If you have a current drop because your power source shares other appliance that draw power it will crap out your lowrance unit. Try a dedicated power source, and that will solve the issue.

Searun

th_067.jpg

I don't you, you guys can say what you want but I am using Lowrance units for more than 12 years now and NEVER had an issue. I recently upgraded to a HDS7 and I get my gps location within 5 seconds sitting inside my carport. Absolutely amazing.

Pat--NO! I have a dedicated power source. It has not helped one bit with the problems I have had (and the lack of support from Navico)

Not all Lowrance problems are power related. If I can drop my Tom Tom on the floor of the car under the frickin dash, and it still reads perfectly- tell me why a marine unit cant perform even close to it?

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

I have a lowrance 527, lose position quite a bit, low voltage is NOT an issue as we run it very simply off it's own battery. I have been told (for what it's worth) that one of the reasons we lose signal in the Northwest is Satellite position is low on the horizon, with that said we use an old handheld GPS that only loses position about half the time as the Lowrance.The temp. sensorin the transducer crapped out a month after warranty but they sent a new one right out, said they hadn't seen that problem before, I thought about an external antenna, any comments on improvement using one? Bob R

Ever since Lowrance was aquired by Navico I have noticed a definite change in service. They come out with their new HD units you might just as well go **** into the wind if you ask for help on their older models. I am considering something different when I upgrade.[}:)]

IMG_1445.jpg

I have no problems with a signal with my Sitex, and my buddies have no problems with there Standard horizon gps. So having owned a Lowrance combo i will say it again. Lowrance is Crap. Live and learn..

Back