looking to trade up 9.9 high thrust

dmurph

I have an 09 yamaha 9.9 high thrust long shaft with electric start and controls, may be interested in trading. I would really like an extra long shaft model with electric and pull start tiller handle. Also would need a charging system which my motor has. just think a longer leg would work better on my trophy 2359.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup maybe go with the merc 9.9 Bigfoot awesome motor much cheaper then the yammy too if you buy in the US. Xl for sure

Make it an XL shaft then? Or lower the bracket if possible?

Have the full swim grid with the kicker mounted to a fixed bracket, can not get the motor any lower. You thinking extension kit Lipripper? Tony I assume you have a extra long bigfoot, you guys think I would notice much of a difference with a longer leg. Think I am at the minimum right now. Would not be against the merc.

Xl

Have the full swim grid with the kicker mounted to a fixed bracket, can not get the motor any lower. You thinking extension kit Lipripper? Tony I assume you have a extra long bigfoot, you guys think I would notice much of a difference with a longer leg. Think I am at the minimum right now. Would not be against the merc.

I have the 3/4 swim grid with an adjustable bracket . In your case you need the Xl for sure 100 percent you will notice a huge difference with it . I sometime fish in tight swells in port hardy in the evening when nobody else is fishing because of the wind NW usually picks up but I go with the wind usually by my self my kicker just keeps the boat strait the wind trolls me. I usually do very well but without my Xl and adjustable bracket my kicker would come right out of the water. I have it all the way down to the neckline on those days just so the prop doesn't come out. On any fixed bracket you need an Xl. They had some smoking deals on high thrusts at the show not sure about now. To buy the Bigfoot here compared to the US you will save $400-500 bucks in the US . I love the Bigfoot. Whatever you choose Xl is the way to go.

As for lippy said maybe convert it to a long xl shaft call the dealer and see if it is possible. My bro has a Bigfoot everything except the trim. Well I use to have a Mxl which is just a pull start Xl shaft after one season I said screw this cause if battery drain and constantly lifting it up and pulling I sold it and bought the Bigfoot well bought the Bigfoot then sold the Mxl lol but anyways my bro wanted to sell his and get the one with trim . He's a mechanic and new what he was doing so I told him not to bother buying a new Bigfoot by the trim kit from merc . They had one so instead if selling his motor for say 1800 and buying a new one for 4000 he paid maybe 800 for the trim kit and installed it. He couldn't be happier. Maybe you can do the same to yours make it an Xl cost depending of course cause anything is possible with the right amount of money. Lol so there may actually be a conversion kit.

I fish beside another charter guy a lot of the summer who has the merc....it is noisy compared to the yami's. He also has to flash up the main in a strong wind and current which I don't. Hard to beat the high thrust leg on the yami's for torque.

Back