Looking to buy 2005 or newer Campion Explorer 542

leftcoast

I'm in no hurry just need it before next season. I just got back from the states where I was planning on buying one but took it out on Lake Washington and it was way under powered it had a 115hp.
email me if you see any for sale in your area. Cheers

Having a hard time finding a Campion Explorer 542 for my budget. What do you guys think of the Trophy 1802. I'm thinking about looking at these as they seem to at my price point. All I want to do is fish. Thanks for the input.

Leftcoast, I have a Trophy 1802 and thought it was a great boat. I'm sure some guys will poo poo them, but I guarentee that they are not the one's that actually owned them, they just want to sound like they know what they are talking about. Lots of people like to just bad mouth Bayliners. You have to remeber there are pro's and cons to every boat.... there is no perfect vessel. For the $ it did everything that I wanted and expected from it. I don't use it anymore as I have upgraded to a Seasport.... Why I am somewhat using past tense. Anyway, I am thinking of finally getting around to selling it. I'll give you a screaming deal if you are interested as I am just not using it. PM me for details or any questions about them in general.

I've owned both the 188 1994 Campion very simular to the 542 but in board now I have a 1999 2055 self bailing Trophy .... no comparison ......... look at the Bayliner Trophy way more boat, deeper hull, better for our West Windy Coast then the Campions. Mine was fun but I feel way safer 20 miles of shore in the Trophy then the Campion.

You would not be disappointed.

HT

Last edited by a moderator:
The newer model 542 is quite a lot more boat than the previous, done many offshore trips in one and they handle big water VERY well for an 18 foot boat...

there is an 03 552 for sale in surrey/white rock, was on CL vancouver

Its the newer hull design of the 2005 and newer 542's that make it attractive....Left Coast I would also look at a 19 foot Arima Sea Ranger or Sea Chaser down In Washington if you can find one...Great boats for fishing and hold their value really well.

Have a 2006 542, Merc Verado 135, Merc 8 hp kicker, approximately 300 hours, trailer, bottom paint, 2 Scotty electric down riggers, Lowrance GPS/depth sounder.
I'm currently working out of the country, boat never saw the water last summer, stored in Duncan - inside storage. Probably won't be home much this summer, and then can afford to move up for next year. Great little boat, seems much bigger than it's size. $24,500. PM me for more details, seems like this is what you are looking for. The Verado definitely has the power you want for the boat, and gets good mileage.

Trophy boat

Leftcoast, I have a Trophy 1802 and thought it was a great boat. I'm sure some guys will poo poo them, but I guarentee that they are not the one's that actually owned them, they just want to sound like they know what they are talking about. Lots of people like to just bad mouth Bayliners. You have to remeber there are pro's and cons to every boat.... there is no perfect vessel. For the $ it did everything that I wanted and expected from it. I don't use it anymore as I have upgraded to a Seasport.... Why I am somewhat using past tense. Anyway, I am thinking of finally getting around to selling it. I'll give you a screaming deal if you are interested as I am just not using it. PM me for details or any questions about them in general.

I would be interested in your trophy 1802

leftcoast,
my 622 will be for sale shortly, I hope
its a 99 but with alot of major upgrades if your interest
pm me

Back