Looking for Volvo 280 steering bracket - Mid Island or shipped.

Tripitaka

I'm just finishing up a boat reno project and I'm having a devils job to find a steering bracket for the outdrive locally. The leg is a Volvo 280 and the part I need takes the steering cable and fixes to the transom. There must be a dozen or more of these in boat breakers or back yards in the mid island so I'm hoping that someone on here might know where there is one I could go and get.

Thanks in advance,

Mark.

Volvo Steering.jpg

I'm just finishing up a boat reno project and I'm having a devils job to find a steering bracket for the outdrive locally. The leg is a Volvo 280 and the part I need takes the steering cable and fixes to the transom. There must be a dozen or more of these in boat breakers or back yards in the mid island so I'm hoping that someone on here might know where there is one I could go and get.

Thanks in advance,

Mark.

View attachment 13706

Have you found one yet? I know a boat wrecker that might have one.

Found one at A&E Marine on Ryan Road in Courtenay. Outstanding folks, very helpful; they could have dismissed me as 'too much trouble' bu they had an engineer search through some old parts and phoned me back a couple of times to let me know where they were at. They have won my business in the future, for sure.

Thanks for your help. Boat would be on the water by now if I hadn't forgotten to register it! D'oh!

Back