Looking for Two Red MR2s

Rain City

Crew Member
Decided I'd like a couple setups for jigging salmon. Anyone got any kicking around?

Decided I'd like a couple setups for jigging salmon. Anyone got any kicking around?
Lately I’ve been giving thought to doing some salmon jigging this season. One night I did a google search about jigging and came across an outstanding post on this forum about jigging and specifically using shimano flat fall lures. It went in great detail about rods and reels and in the end a level wind hi ratio reel is such a good choice. I’m an idiot with copy paste so I’m going to try but just google salmon jigging and the story will be near the top.

Lately I’ve been giving thought to doing some salmon jigging this season. One night I did a google search about jigging and came across an outstanding post on this forum about jigging and specifically using shimano flat fall lures. It went in great detail about rods and reels and in the end a level wind hi ratio reel is such a good choice. I’m an idiot with copy paste so I’m going to try but just google salmon jigging and the story will be near the top.
I've caught a ton of fish jigging. It's all I did the first few years I fished. It's a lot of fun. Lately though the big numbers haven't been there (along West Van) so it stopped being as productive.

I've caught a ton of fish jigging. It's all I did the first few years I fished. It's a lot of fun. Lately though the big numbers haven't been there (along West Van) so it stopped being as productive.
Have you had any experience with those flat fall jigs? This will be a new thing for me but I’m thinking it’s worth me trying up here in the Pender Harbour area. We generally have been seeing a lot of bait in a lot of close uncrowded areas the last few years and I can’t help think we troll away from a lot of fish

Have you had any experience with those flat fall jigs? This will be a new thing for me but I’m thinking it’s worth me trying up here in the Pender Harbour area. We generally have been seeing a lot of bait in a lot of close uncrowded areas the last few years and I can’t help think we troll away from a lot of fish
F&R just grab a hand full of 4 oz Zzingers and have at it. We've hit hallies, always ling and lots of Orca bait. Saves on fuel and working close to some of our local structure and shoreline is a hoot. Some of the city slickers I tolerate on board only want to jerk fish... or maybe it's the fuel thing?

F&R just grab a hand full of 4 oz Zzingers and have at it. We've hit hallies, always ling and lots of Orca bait. Saves on fuel and working close to some of our local structure and shoreline is a hoot. Some of the city slickers I tolerate on board only want to jerk fish... or maybe it's the fuel thing?
Chartreuse Zinger in 2.5 oz and 4 oz. That's it. Nothing else. Maybe a blue one in there as well lol.

Thanks guys. I have of course jigged quite a bit in the past for ling and snapper but I no longer target these fish. Like most people I spend all my time trolling. Just looking to change things up once and a while. I am also going to use metered coloured line to really try to hone in on sweet spots. I am also hoping my better half will take an interest in jigging cause she hates trolling and seldom comes out. This can be a good thing and a bad thing

Thanks guys. I have of course jigged quite a bit in the past for ling and snapper but I no longer target these fish. Like most people I spend all my time trolling. Just looking to change things up once and a while. I am also going to use metered coloured line to really try to hone in on sweet spots. I am also hoping my better half will take an interest in jigging cause she hates trolling and seldom comes out. This can be a good thing and a bad thing
That's a fact jack. Chicks dig jigging. That's how I got my girl hooked

He should’ve said “chicks dig jigging with red MR2’s”
Then it’s totally on topic.
Good luck with the the hunt. I still say the 2 gold ones on the buy sell is where it’s at. He said open to offers on an already good price.

But I’m just a plug with an upside down pic :(

We jig a lot around your same area, last year I would say the down riggers stayed off the boat from middle of June until sometime into August for the most part. Can’t speak for zingers but been fishing the ‘lil nibs’ jigs exclusivily now for maybe 7 or 8 years and they work really well. Once you figure out where and how you’ll never look back.

Back