Looking for a Volvo Penta Mechanic

casper5280

Crew Member
After trying to fix my Volvo 280 Leg twice I still cannot find were it is leaking water in. I have replaced all the O-rings and seals, and bellows twice and Pressure tested it and it will hold pressure all day long but as soon as I vacuum test it, it will not hold vacuum.
I have given up and decided to bite the bullet and take it to a mechanic and get it serviced. I'm in the Victoria area and in a bit of a rush to get it fixed before the long weekend. Does anyone know a good mechanic that they would recommend. Also does anyone know about how much it would cost?

The guy out in sooke is really good, vector marine in sydney not bad.....stay away from freakin SEAPOWER MARINE

My brother had an ongoing leak issue with his Volvo SX leg and went through a similar hassle. In the end he found a worn out bushing that was the source of the problem. Then he was told the part was discontinued and there was a pricey conversion to the newer system. In the end he had a new bushing fabricated at a machine shop and it solved his issue.

Been replaced and double checked and still will not hold vacuum. Thanks for the help though Dave

how much vac are you putting to it. some of the seals in those legs are designed to prevent oil from leaking out (holding pressure) but not for letting water in (holding Vac) . the seals on the yoke i believe are single lip and are mainly designed for holding the oil in.
also check that the seal surfaces where the seals are not pitted or excessively grooved.

Back