Looking for a new vehicle??

There is a lot of you tube videos coming out from the us talking about how lots are still packed with 2023 trucks and cars.

IMG_0562.jpeg
One of my clients was pretty pleased with the price of a new Chevy dually and the cost of ownership based on his trade on of his ā€œold oneā€. It helps that he buys them through his company, canā€™t imagine paying taxes on a new vehicle every few years.

Whatā€™s selling in the GM lineup? Lots of duramax fans on the forum me thinks

ā€œaverage new vehicle price in June 2023 was $66,288, a 21.3 per cent increase over June 2022ā€

Price are crazy for trucks. Especially diesels. Iā€™ve watched so many YouTube videos on the major problems with relatively new trucks. The new CP4 injection pumps failing, on all makes. New Ford 6.7 spinning main bearings, due to bad engineering on oiling system, Dodge transmission issues. No thanks!!! Not for $120,000.

It's bonkers what they're charging anyway. Clearly the "cost" of a truck is what the monthly payment is to most guys. Same goes for boats. I saw a couple guys on Facebook saying how "choked" they were that the banks wouldn't give them 200k loans for boats even though they had $40k down! LOL. "Bro man, bro. Stupid interest rates bro."

Buddy' 6.7 cummins with 90,000 km on it dropped a heater grid bold into the combustion chamber. New engine is $60k .... Hopefully it can be rebuilt

It's bonkers what they're charging anyway. Clearly the "cost" of a truck is what the monthly payment is to most guys. Same goes for boats. I saw a couple guys on Facebook saying how "choked" they were that the banks wouldn't give them 200k loans for boats even though they had $40k down! LOL. "Bro man, bro. Stupid interest rates bro."
Probably cheaper to just put the $40k into a GIC and pay for a charter once every few weeks or so...

Buddy' 6.7 cummins with 90,000 km on it dropped a heater grid bold into the combustion chamber. New engine is $60k .... Hopefully it can be rebuilt
That's a known problem with it for 2013+. I'm surprised Cummins never did anything to make it right. I got a 2012 with 460,000km or something like that and my grid heater bolt is still snug.

That's a known problem with it for 2013+. I'm surprised Cummins never did anything to make it right. I got a 2012 with 460,000km or something like that and my grid heater bolt is still snug.
its the material that the bolts are made of they are stretching and backing off with all the engine vibration and lack of loc tite etc. garbage materials makes garbage results. Its just like the exh manifold bolts for the ram 1500 hemis and ford 5.4 and GM 4.8-6.0L snap off from vibration and made with junk materials. We do a $hit ton of them lol

its the material that the bolts are made of they are stretching and backing off with all the engine vibration and lack of loc tite etc. garbage materials makes garbage results. Its just like the exh manifold bolts for the ram 1500 hemis and ford 5.4 and GM 4.8-6.0L snap off from vibration and made with junk materials. We do a $hit ton of them lol
About how many kms do they go, or do they just break when you need them the most. First, I have heard of this.

About how many kms do they go, or do they just break when you need them the most. First, I have heard of this.
Which ones are you referring to in the post from @kingblazer84 ? The 6.7 Cummins is anything newer than 2013. Who knows if they fixed it recently or the new trucks donā€™t have enough km on them to fail yet. They seem to fail all over the map but you can do the wiggle test on the plug every oil change and see if it moves. Itā€™s the wire going from the solenoid to the grid heater. Jiggle the connection from the wire to the grid heater, and if it moves, you probably want to start digging in the near future. Lots of guys disconnect the grid heater until winter because using it makes the bolt corrode faster. Itā€™s not that common of a problem but easy to inspect before she lets go and goes boom

Living on the coast I never used the grid heater on my 16 Cummins because of this issue.The Cummins forum has lots of good info on this.

ill be interested to see which trucks drop in price hopefully the duramax will at 90-120k for a truck is almost as much as my first house lol

1.5 x the 1st house i built(80gs), which included 1/2 lot,
Now assessed at 900gs...
Dont know how 120gs vehicles are selling unless you can write them off...

Back