Looking for a Levelwind

Baxter

Looking for a level wind reel for ling fishing. Was out last week for the first time this year and discovered that over the winter my one reel decided it was done. I got it free a few years ago, and not sure it is worth trying to fix. Will take it apart and investigate, but the drag seems toast.

I will look for a mid-range new one, don't need anything fancy, but figured I would check here to see if any of you have one to sell.

I don't need anything high end, but also don't want some trash reel either :) Let me know what you have, how much, photos are nice too :)

Edit: I will likely pick up this one, or something similar: https://gonefishinshop.com/product/penn-rival-20-levelwind-reel/ if a used option does not present itself.

Last edited:
Looking for a level wind reel for ling fishing. Was out last week for the first time this year and discovered that over the winter my one reel decided it was done. I got it free a few years ago, and not sure it is worth trying to fix. Will take it apart and investigate, but the drag seems toast.

I will look for a mid-range new one, don't need anything fancy, but figured I would check here to see if any of you have one to sell.

I don't need anything high end, but also don't want some trash reel either :) Let me know what you have, how much, photos are nice too :)

Edit: I will likely pick up this one, or something similar: https://gonefishinshop.com/product/penn-rival-20-levelwind-reel/ if a used option does not present itself.
Get the Penn. Best bang for your buck.

I've got a Penn GTO 220 that I would sell. Just sits there in my office doing nothing. Probly worth about a hundred bucks

Ended up buying a Penn Rival 20 at Gone Fishin' for relatively cheap. First day out, it caught the first fish of the day, a small keeper ling, 67cm.

Only used it the one day so far, but this cheap reel is already much better than the older shimano that broke (although, the older shimano would have been better in its prime)

Ended up buying a Penn Rival 20 at Gone Fishin' for relatively cheap. First day out, it caught the first fish of the day, a small keeper ling, 67cm.

Only used it the one day so far, but this cheap reel is already much better than the older shimano that broke (although, the older shimano would have been better in its prime)
I have both Rivals and Penn Warfares . Pretty good stuff for the price I do like the Warfare a bit better as has more metal parts. Drag systems are fine for what I need on both.

Back