Looking for a cabin style boat, 22 - 26 foot.

Dwaynec83

Hey hey, I’m looking for an older 22 - 26 foot cabin style boat, I’ve found a 1980 double eagle 24 with a fly bridge that needs a single 5.7, and a 28 foot Tollycraft that’s needs the same, but I found a 24’ Reinell cabin with a fly bridge that’s been repowerd with a MerCruiser 7.4 and a bravo 3 dual prop drive the owners have owned it forever and are the ones who repowered it in 1999, I’ve don’t a lot of research and know about what everyone people say about eagles and tolleys,

Last edited:
Others can chime in on the ride characteristics...but my take is there are older boats that you can sink money into and get most of it back one day if you look after it. And without sitting on it for two years trying to sell it. If you sink money into an old Reinell you better go into knowing you will not recover what you spent and may only end up with a sale when the time comes by giving it away.

Hey hey, I’m looking for an older 20 - 28 foot cabin style boat, I’ve found a 1980 double eagle 24 with a fly bridge that needs a single 5.7, and a 28 foot Tollycraft that’s needs the same, but I found a 24’ Reinell cabin with a fly bridge that’s been repowerd with a MerCruiser 7.4 and a bravo 3 dual prop drive the owners have owned it forever and are the ones who repowered it in 1999, I’ve don’t a lot of research and know about what everyone people say about eagles and tolleys, but I’ve read a few things on this forum how people don’t like the reinells, can anyone tell me why? Oh and the Tolley and eagles are kinda out of the way by a lot on kms... thanks!
Junk

Hey hey, I’m looking for an older 20 - 28 foot cabin style boat, I’ve found a 1980 double eagle 24 with a fly bridge that needs a single 5.7, and a 28 foot Tollycraft that’s needs the same, but I found a 24’ Reinell cabin with a fly bridge that’s been repowerd with a MerCruiser 7.4 and a bravo 3 dual prop drive the owners have owned it forever and are the ones who repowered it in 1999, I’ve don’t a lot of research and know about what everyone people say about eagles and tolleys, but I’ve read a few things on this forum how people don’t like the reinells, can anyone tell me why? Oh and the Tolley and eagles are kinda out of the way by a lot on kms... thanks!
Where is this 24’ DE ? If your not going to buy it lol

Go to your ATM right now. Withdraw $22K and run over to this guys house and pay him.

And then make a deal somewhere to buy paint brushes, sandpaper, stain and varnish at wholesale prices. Sell your fishing tackle because you'll be too busy maintaining wood work to do any fishing.

That wood trim and decking on that boat would not be that big of a deal to maintain. It comes with a house and that makes a huge difference in how often you have to touch up. The wood inside the cabin wouldn't need to be looked at very often at all. If I was in the market for a family cruiser that boat wouldn't scare me if the structure checked out.

That wood trim and decking on that boat would not be that big of a deal to maintain. It comes with a house and that makes a huge difference in how often you have to touch up. The wood inside the cabin wouldn't need to be looked at very often at all. If I was in the market for a family cruiser that boat wouldn't scare me if the structure checked out.
All true. Seafin Teak oil 1-2 times a year. Varnish REQUIRES many coats & perfectly dry conditions NOT GONNA HAPPEN in the PNW unless inside for a long time to dry out.

The boat would be dry even if it has varnish as it sits in a boathouse. Turn on the heat and get it done during the early spring before the boating season. My buddy has a 35ft Chris Cract in a house at Van Isle Marina and his maintenance is minimal as the boat stays dry and no UV rays. Just damn expensive there . He is close to having a spot over at Capital City where his costs will be 1/10 of what he pays now

28 foot tollycraft may be a great boat but sure different than the other two. Tolly is likely a straight shaft (no leg) which some feel is great, not trailerable boat so really in a different class than the 24's. I personally would pass on the double eagle unless it has a rebuilt transom and stringers by someone reputable? The Tolly may be solid on the fiberglass but even that is a guess, any boat of that vintage could be a money pit especially if it needs at least an engine. Get the owners to do a facetime with you and the boat.

Does anyone know anything about the stancraft 260 nor wester’s? The same boat tofino fishing adventures uses...

Attachments

• EABE2C28-11FF-4543-A5F3-EE5CF64CD7FD.jpeg
    EABE2C28-11FF-4543-A5F3-EE5CF64CD7FD.jpeg
    758.7 KB · Views: 34
Back