Longstone vs MR3

I bought a gold MR3 then decided that I needed a blue one for the other side. They are a fairly expensive reel but they're awesome to fish with. The only downside is that there is no free spool....if that matters. I've never used a Longstone before but I've never heard of anyone not happy with a MR3....other than an empty wallet.

I have an MR3 and a TFO Terry Haydyn #3... while I love my MR3, the TFO is probably the better deal. I am not sure how it would compare to the Longstone, but might be worth taking a boo at before making your selection.

Only sensible option is to get one of each, try them both, and report back to us.
I have Longstones, tough, smooth, great reel. But I haven't tried a MR3. Haven't thought of a reason to change.
Like Dogbreath says, if you want to hear a "screaming" reel, Hardy's have the sound.
Tough decision involving serious coin.
Good luck.

I have MR2's, threes and Longstones. Threes are #1, drag is superb. I hate clickers, so maybe that and the iffy drag ruins the LS for me. They are lighter, I will give you that much.
JD

Back