Long awaited - New Model Trophy Reels

R

RVP

The new, long awaited Trophy XL/QR mooching reels have just arived today at our shop. Based on previous sales history, we had only ordered 6 reels in. Today we sold four, and of the two remaining reels that are left in stock, one is on hold and the last is a maybe sold for friday. Wer have reordered 6 more...

I just wanted to give the heads up and a dry review of the reel...HOT!!! We all like it - DH, sends possitive results from the Charlottes test run and Deryk from Active Tackle also likes the drag disk area. All in all, a huge improvement in overal function.

The most notible change is a large dia. of the spool and further spead between the handles offering faster retieve on the mainline - other notibles, the spools not only larger dia. but the spool is a little narrower width wise - no need for backing...just load it full of mono.

Cheers,
RVP

Got my 2 today and ill fish with them tommorow!!!!! looks and sounds great and like the color on them!!!!

Wolf

I currently own a Tyee Tropy XL reel that I purchased two years ago in Port Hardy BC. I love the reel but I am having a little trouble with setting the drag when fishing. I was thinking of replacing the cork piece but I am unable to find replacement parts or a company web site for Trophy XL. In the box there was a parts list, which shows the cork drag and part# 15, but no contact info. I would appreciate any info that would help me with service.

Back