Location of stringers in Double Eagle 176?

Fisherman Rob

I need to re-position the rollers on my trailer. Anyone know where the stringers are located in a 1996 Double Eagle 176exl? I assume one set is each side of the fish bilge, but there must be another parallel set between bilge and the chine?

there righton top of the flat section on the outer chines

If you call Double Eagle they will walk you through the position of the stringers and the cross ribs.

We installed some pretty heavy duty base plates for our swivel seats in a 94 EXL and the gentleman on the phone was able to walk me through the position.

I attached my scrap notes from the conversation with Mark at DE.

Unfortunately he didn't IMG_1205.jpghave any exact dimensions, but the ones specified in the photo have worked well for us and are probably your best bet.

Hope this helps... sorry for the chicken scratch

Anyone know how I can improve the quality of the attachment? It is a HD iPhone photo, but attached in poor quality.

Under the floor.............
smiley95.gif

Thanks for the notes mhbradley, unfortunately a little too small for me to read. I sent DE an email, but have not had a response. I'll give them a call.

mhbradley, it looks like you have the distance of the stringers written in at the bow on the sketch. Looks like 10" from outer stringer to inner stringer, and 12" from inner stringer to keel? I assume that is measured from center line of each?

mhbradley, it looks like you have the distance of the stringers written in at the bow on the sketch. Looks like 10" from outer stringer to inner stringer, and 12" from inner stringer to keel? I assume that is measured from center line of each?

If I remember correctly, the 12" is from the center line of the boat, and then the second set of stringers is 10" beyond that when measuring from the center of the boat (22" max)

If you send me a PM with your email I will forward you the image in an email, as I have it in HD in email and you will be able to read it clearly.

The drawing is by no means to scale :)

PS - I had to call DE and ended up speaking with a guy named Mark.

Regards,

Back