Liquid Rollers

AlK

Does anyone know where on the lower mainland (Vancouver area) I can purchase a product called "Liquid Rollers". I tried Nikka, Steveston Marine, West Marin, etc. no luck. This stuff is used to spray on the bunks of boat trailers to make them slippery.

get some teflon (cutting board material) cut into 1 ft pieces, bevel the edges, cut grooves longways, and stagger along the bunks. It made a huge difference on my 18.5 ft boat (coming on and off trailer)

You can order it from Bass Pro it'll be here next week.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/s...1_44876_225004000_225000000_225004000_225-4-0

Or contact the manufacturer and see who carries their product here http://www.crc-canada.ca

76681t.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
freshwaterlagoonnuquicw3.jpg

quote:Originally posted by AlK

Does anyone know where on the lower mainland (Vancouver area) I can purchase a product called "Liquid Rollers". I tried Nikka, Steveston Marine, West Marin, etc. no luck. This stuff is used to spray on the bunks of boat trailers to make them slippery.
Just curious why you need this.Is it because the ramp is too shallow or your vehicle can't get the boat in far enough? My buddy used silicone spray because his boat wouldn't line up on the bunks unless he cranked it part way on.

fishproof,
My boattrailer had EZloader glides on the bunks that I removed after I noticed that they were marking up the bottom of the boat.

Brisco,
A ramp that I use quite a bit, is quite shallow and other than get the rubber on the tires wet with saltwater, I do not want to back my truck deeper into the saltchuck. I always crank the boat part way on, then she loads nice and straight.

KY Jelly works good for me.... J/K

But silicone works well

-Steve

P.S. Not sure about the pledge idea? Was that a joke or serious?

Something to watch for with bunk trailers are small rocks. I try and remember to check my bunks before putting the boat back on. If you lube up the bunks the rocks stick better.

Back