Lingcod Opening

quote:Do I come across as an old timer ?
I'm a teen ager in a middle aged body.

No, I think I'm the old fart. [B)]

quote:I really want you to say 428cj .
There's no replacement for displacement: You're the grand prize wiener.[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Red Monster

quote:I really want you to say 428cj .
There's no replacement for displacement: You're the grand prize wiener.[8D]
I'm so happy[:eek:)] Add it to my prize for the boat quiz.I'll pick them both up at the same time.
Years ago a friend of mine had a 69 428 mach1.Thing was a phsyco beast.Total hairy car.I'm only runnin a small block.355 cubes,11:1 slugs.Balanced and blued to a tune of 450hp.All run through a richmond 5 speed.Can be snakey as well.Black exterior,charcoal leather interior.AR torque thrust classics wrapped in 50s TAs.

quote:Originally posted by Mr. Dean

quote:Originally posted by knucklebuster

Well guys !How did the fish out go at Galiano ? Mr.Dean ?

Can you say.......

LOADED UP!
Lets hear it! i'm particularly interested to hear if you fished the pass at all for salmon.

Knuckles, that sounds like a sweet machine. They don't make'm like that any more.

Sadly, the motor under my hood (which was was built from the ground up using a new block that had been collecting dust at a dealership as well as using other rare parts that I had been collecting for over ten years) was rated by Ford at only about 335 hp. [V] ...And I'm too afraid to install the quarter-mile gears that I've had for about twenty years. :D

Knuckles, are you going fishing in Sooke for any of those nice springers that showed up?

Mr. D, did you find a ling?

Mr. D, did you find a ling?

BUURRRP!

9 of em to be exact.
Kept two that were 40" and another that was about 30". Released all others. Only 3 of them were little ones.

Caught 32 crabs before we got spoiled.....

LOTS of Salmon hanging around. Kept one as a dinner fish and another boat took one home. Anybody fishing the pass on Sunday (The Wall) was-a-catching ;).
AND in other places also....

I only fished the early mornings x 2. Wish I could have spent a couple of days longer to get a good grip of the area I was working. Guess I'll just have to do it again. [}:)]

One thing that I noticed is the abundance of feed we have this year. ANYWHERE you go you see little fishy's flopping on the surface. This is a good thing :).

Another thing........I caught NO Rockfish of ANY kind [V].
I think of this as interesting at best. Maybe with all the RCA's, the area I was working is now depleted?

Anywho, the weather was fine and the scenery was finer. We ate like royals and other than losing two cannon balls and breaking one of my favorite jig'n sticks (bad BAD rock!), it was an excellent trip!! :D

Knuckles, are you going fishing in Sooke for any of those nice springers that showed up?
It all depends on time.Work is so busy,I only get 1 day (sunday) a week off.I have lots of friends who fish there regularly.Just need to ask to come along.My boats too big to take around.Unless I wanted to stay a few days.

Back