Line Spooler

Blue Hewes

Hey All,

I came across this line spooling device for sale on marketplace (Not my ad). The seller has 2 available (New) and I bought 1 of them. After trying it out it’s a pretty cool device and I wish I bought one of these earlier so thought I would share the info. Top end has a half reel attached with a star drag so you can spool line nice and tight. Bottom end has a removable rod attachment for your reel or you can spool from a spool to another spool. Quality is excellent (Think it’s made in Japan).

Seller has 1 left.

Daiichi line recycler DS

7F897E11-B307-4BCF-9253-68FA346080ED.png

Just a follow up. This DS Spooler is amazing, it works really well to spool or unspool your reel. It comes with a line cleaning spool, and you can remove the reel mount and add a spool instead for end for end line change. Very useful and much cheaper and compact than any electric. 20230208_122310.jpg

Attachments

• 20230208_122348.jpg
    20230208_122348.jpg
    688.9 KB · Views: 23
Just a follow up. This DS Spooler is amazing, it works really well to spool or unspool your reel. It comes with a line cleaning spool, and you can remove the reel mount and add a spool instead for end for end line change. Very useful and much cheaper and compact than any electric. View attachment 89414
Couldn't agree more. So far I've respooled a pair of MR3's and a level wind. I had 3 spools lined up on top backing, braid and mono top shot and just spooled them one after another. I really like the drag feature too. Allows the line to go on nice and tight!

hard to tell but it doesn't look like it would hold one of the jumbo spools

Off = cordless drill carriage bolt empty spool. On drop the new spool in your small bait cooler, just make sure your spooling in the right direction. Best Regards

Off = cordless drill carriage bolt empty spool. On drop the new spool in your small bait cooler, just make sure your spooling in the right direction. Best Regards
Yeah, I thought it needs to go on the reel the same way it's coming off the spoil. The spool in the photo needs to be flipped over so the line is coming off the top.

Mono for sure has to be loaded on the right direction, braid is ok to switch it makes no difference. If the drag system allowed it I switch to the proper direction so you are correct in noticing that in the photo.

I use Albright Knots for joining braid to mono and braid to braid.

Back