Let BC Vote- Enbridge pipeline referendum-dogwood initiative

Is it up to just BC residents? It would sure be nice but unless I'm mistaken the Federal govt. has final say? At any rate I'm in for what it's worth!

Is it up to just BC residents? It would sure be nice but unless I'm mistaken the Federal govt. has final say? At any rate I'm in for what it's worth!
To answer your question... this from the website that SK01 pointed out.
quote.png

If politicians like Clark break their word or disrespect the will of the majority, we can step in. Thanks to our province's unique direct democracy laws, we have the power to put this to a vote. Just like when Gordon Campbell misled citizens about the HST.

We say no and then it will come through in rail cars. CPR will probably like that and so will the FN's as they can count and collect a tariff on every car that rattles by. There will still be those tankers playing bumper cars along the coast. Just voting against the pipe line isn't enough. The only oil crossing our province should be for our own consumption.

The sad thing is that we will never win. If the pipeline gets defeated, it will go by rail. There is no way to stop the oil moving west, too much pressure and money wanting it to go west. Farmers up here are having a hard time getting their crops to market as there is not enough trains as they are all busy shipping oil and other pertoleum products. The rail companies are all ready in bed with CAPP.

The biggest and by far the strongest lobby group in BC and the rest of Canada is CAPP. They have the ear of most of the provinces west of Ontario and are slowly gaining a foot hold in the east. The power they have up here in NE of BC is mind boggling. The crap that happens up here with the environment makes the stuff happening the rest of BC minor for the most part, but most of the folks west of the rockies are not aware of what is going on.

Oil will go west, some how or way. Sad but true.

Cheers

SS

To answer your question... this from the website that SK01 pointed out.
quote.png
I guess I don't share your faith in politicians! Saying is one thing doing another, especially if negotiating! Never took you or the Dogwood initiative as being Christy fans? Lol! (Wow the auto correct dropped the y in Christy)

Ziggy I'n no Christy fan LOL but will hold her to her word.

As for shipping by rail.
Don't see that happening either as the tanker part is the same.
It's amazing how backwards our leaders are when asking us to travel this road.

Back