Leh is out!

Well, got back on wenesday, filled my tag,youg bull,hunting with my buddy (shorty) AKA the JACKELup in 6-04 at his cabin, thanks to his extensive knowledge we got her done
Well done. If heavy hauler knows his game like he catches fish I’m not surprised.

Well, got back on wenesday, filled my tag,youg bull,hunting with my buddy (shorty) AKA the JACKELup in 6-04 at his cabin, thanks to his extensive knowledge we got her done
I had heard 6-4 was producing a bunch of bulls. We came out empty handed from 7-11. Only had a few bulls come in and the ones that were rutting were still too with it to come out the last bit of brush. All night time action at very last light. Way too HOT out in the bush, shouldn't be in a t-shirt moose hunting.

My buddies just got one up in FS John of all GD places. No way I'm driving 13 hours for a moose.
Lol, you can go to bamfield for a few fish, but not driving for a moose ??? , 14 hrs took me on my way back , 12 on the way up with a sleepover in Prince George. I find the closer you are to the mainland the more of a sh… show it is. Fsj and surrounding is a great place to hunt, lived up that way for 2 years

Lol, you can go to bamfield for a few fish, but not driving for a moose ??? , 14 hrs took me on my way back , 12 on the way up with a sleepover in Prince George. I find the closer you are to the mainland the more of a sh… show it is. Fsj and surrounding is a great place to hunt, lived up that way for 2 years
I did PG one year and said never again. These days the further I am from the ocean the more depressed I get. Probably more to do with the money I'm spending on the boat just sitting there, but still...

I did PG one year and said never again. These days the further I am from the ocean the more depressed I get. Probably more to do with the money I'm spending on the boat just sitting there, but still...
There you go, problem is you stopping in Prince George lol, need to keep going. All aside haven’t been hunting last 5 years because of no LEH for me, so was happy to go this year, bonus was my buddy Jackel inviting me at his cabin. pulled the boat labour day long weekend, now I wish it was still in the water.

My son and i filled our tags. Didn't come easy this year with the warm weather. Filled them on the second last day of a 7 day hunt. Filled both the same morning, both bulls called in.

About 1500lbs of pure organic protein there to feed our families. The butchering and processing will start tomorro.

52400630869_0fd5c4c7dc_c.jpg

52400343041_c2d7b94de9_c.jpg

52400771985_01cf97ff5d_c.jpg

52400343311_0000b389cb_c.jpg

52400771900_c41977bc8c_c.jpg

How do you guys deal with this warm weather we have? Pretty warm to be hanging it for a few days.

How do you guys deal with this warm weather we have? Pretty warm to be hanging it for a few days.
Oh it was hot, -2 when I shot it, in the 20 by the time it got to camp, jackel has a home made cooler shed, cooled the meat right down, then packed it home in big coolers, deboned and kept the meat cold by going in and out of my big freezer in my garage, butchered it myself in my garage

Last edited:
As long as it cools well at night too cool the meat as it was and you can keep it out of direct sunlight your ok. Doesn’t have to be freezing even 4 or 6 deg at night is fine. It’s surprising how much cooler it is in the shade in the bush, the ground and moss is cooler so it keeps it cooler in the shade. It may get a little warm in the afternoon but no biggy. When the meat is still damp we cover it in a healthy sprinkle of black pepper to keep the flies off, especially in the folds and pockets of the meat. And at home i just hang it in my shop with the heat off and a fan blowing on it to keep air moving around it, maybe open a window at night, Your good for days. Ours will be hanging now between the bush and home 5 days and if I didn’t have to go back to work it would hang another 3 or 4.
People in this day and age and country worry too much, them old Europeans would hang a chicken in the sun for a week lol. We've been doing this for over 50 years now and have never had an issue. Let er age on the bone and break down those tendons.

Just got back late last night 2 young eater bulls we got. I had a cooler lined up in vanderhoof so we ran the meat in , saw alot of bears and heard a few bulls was a fantastic hunt butchering on friday.!!! YES way too warm shorts and T shirts in afternoons 24 degrees ....

As long as it cools well at night too cool the meat as it was and you can keep it out of direct sunlight your ok. Doesn’t have to be freezing even 4 or 6 deg at night is fine. It’s surprising how much cooler it is in the shade in the bush, the ground and moss is cooler so it keeps it cooler in the shade. It may get a little warm in the afternoon but no biggy.
I agree but 26 was a bit too high ... so meat was put in cooler
drive down was not bad for the 12 hours we did as meat was at 2 degree didnt warm up till about noon and it was wrapped tight in the tarps. got home at 9 pm and meat had a little bit of sweating but not bad quick wipe down then in my cooler (which has double fans btw) and this am is already starting to crust up.

Those are 2 dandy bulls. Lots of good eating hanging there.

My son and i filled our tags. Didn't come easy this year with the warm weather. Filled them on the second last day of a 7 day hunt. Filled both the same morning, both bulls called in.

About 1500lbs of pure organic protein there to feed our families. The butchering and processing will start tomorro.

52400630869_0fd5c4c7dc_c.jpg

52400343041_c2d7b94de9_c.jpg

52400771985_01cf97ff5d_c.jpg

52400343311_0000b389cb_c.jpg

52400771900_c41977bc8c_c.jpg

Back