Legalization of cannabis in Canada and vessel operation - SSB No.: 12/2018

I guess the question is what does 2-5 nanograms mean? Is it one hit, 2? sounds like its best to not use any if operating a boat or other motor vehicle, at least for now.
Common sense would say not to use while operating any type of vehicle, marine, motor, whatever. I'm more interested to see how they enforce it as opposed to alcohol. All I can do is mind my own business and keep it off my boat. I don't allow alcohol on my boa t either. My boat, my rules.

I guess the question is what does 2-5 nanograms mean? Is it one hit, 2? sounds like its best to not use any if operating a boat or other motor vehicle, at least for now.
Ya - I found that they worded it akward enough to confuse me too, California. Islander is right - how to enforce it?

The best enforcement laws would be NO POSSESION on a recreational boat. The same as the alcohol laws.

First the slot limit, then the whales, now wake and bake? It’s going to ruin fishing. Lol

and what law says you can't have booze on a boat?

This is such a non-issue...

Guess what I've used weed and alcohol while operating a boat. So have nearly most fishermen - including working guides.

Just don't be an idiot - how about that.
I'm referring to the operator of the boat. Your choice, same choice applies to been on the road in a motor vehicle.

and what law says you can't have booze on a boat?

This is such a non-issue...

Guess what I've used weed and alcohol while operating a boat. So have nearly most fishermen - including working guides.

Just don't be an idiot - how about that.

Haha love it! Post of the year, I figure!

Maybe this whole thing with bud will help the fisheries as folks won’t be on their “A” game and catching as many local fish!?

Che hasn't weighed in on this yet?:p
Careful what you wish for!
I haven’t heard from him in a month. It’s nice not having the “there is blocked content to display” icon on the threads. Ironically many won’t get this message for the same reason.

The new laws on impairment will be completely unenforceable, especially on the water. No marine rcmp or police boat will have those saliva tests. Unfortunately it will be up to individual officers opinions whether they think you are impaired. Also the new provincial rules for consuming on a boat are a laugh and unenforceable. Can only use in an enclosed area of the boat, cant smoke on your deck lol. Everyone into the cuddy to light up!

Careful what you wish for!
I haven’t heard from him in a month. It’s nice not having the “there is blocked content to display” icon on the threads. Ironically many won’t get this message for the same reason.

yah hopefully that clown packed his bags and went elsewhere

Back