LED trailer lights?

TheBigGuy

I asked this question in a traler lights thread in the general forum, but only got one reply. Are LED trailer lights the route to go for a trailer that sees the salt. What brands have you tried that you would recommend. Where did you buy them.

Thanks in advance.

They work great.Make SURE when buy them that they are completely sealed,some brands have a hole in them to let the water out.DONOT buy them.I found a set at West Marine that were screwed together,took them apart, and then silkaflexed all the joints, and where the wires went in. 2.5 years on that set,before I sold the boat no trouble.I can't remember the brand name.Dan

If you want to increase your chances of your LED lights always working, mount them on your boat, not your trailer. That way you take them off before you immerse them in salt water. Electrical connections and saltwater are a bad mix. My 2 bits.

Sharp hooks and full traps!

i use the lights the tow companies use its a bar with left and right and has a magnet on the back yhey plug into vehicle from 30 foot cord which comes in the package you can get any length cord. i just bungy the lights to prop on the back of boat no problems at all yet and they are very visible. switch them to any trailer easy.

Well, I bought a set of LED lights at Steveston Marine, $79. Kinda pricey, but they seemed the highest quality of any I'd seen in stores. Soldered all the connections, liquid taped, shrink wrap sealed, then liquid taped all connections again. Hopefully that will give me plenty of life out of this set. The LED lights are sure bright compared to bulbs. It will sure be a pleasure not having to replace any bulbs again.

Back