LED Trailer Lights - Leakproof?

Whole in the Water

Anybody out there have any advice on installing LED trailer lights. I heard that some of them leak (i.e on EZ Loader trailers). I bought some LED's made by Wesbar at Sherwood Marine. Are these the some leaky ones on the EZ Laoder trailers?

Anyway, I got em now. Does anybody have any advice on making them leakproof??? Thanks for your replies.

Best way to make them leak proof is make hangers for the boat and trailer and then take them off every time you are launching so they never get submersed. I am having the same problem so I am making hangers now.:D

Thinking about it if they screw together get some marine epoxy and run a bead where they separate may also help.

quote:Originally posted by Ringostar

Best way to make them leak proof is make hangers for the boat and trailer and then take them off every time you are launching so they never get submersed. I am having the same problem so I am making hangers now.:D

Thinking about it if they screw together get some marine epoxy and run a bead where they separate may also help.

Epoxy I don't think is the right thing on molded plastic-plasic joints, the expansion and contraction rates would be different and the epoxy may leak.

My son installed some last year, he purchased them at Princess Auto and we have had no problem with them. Unfortunately I cannot find a brand name.

I dont know which brand are on my ezloader, but the trailer is a 2007 and have had to replace 4 light assemblies....my old 85 trailer 2 bulbs.....so i dont know about the leds if they are worth the money

I've put 2 sets on my trailer the last set I took completly apart and sealed it up,I used black silicon, but I was told silkaflex,anyhow just take them apart and run a bead all the way around screw them back together and seal where the wires go in ,on my second season with the alterations,so far so good.DAN

RTV silicon works ok to seal the lens to housing assembly. If water is still getting in try using dielectric grease in your bulb sockets and any exposed wiring and plugins. I am a big fan of relocating the lights as this eliminates the problem altogether but on some trailers this isn't an option.

Back