Launching and Overnight Trailer Parking Near Hornby

Bugs

Heading over to Hornby for the long weekend with the boat. Just wondering what the recommended launch is in that area, preferably without having to pay for overnight parking of the truck/trailer. It is only a 16' welded aluminum so don't need a skookum ramp.

And while I am asking, May Chinook in that area? South end of Hornby or head up north and fish off Courntney area?

Thanks any the input!

Bugs -- stay on the east side of Hornby. There have been a few teenies taken in the last week. Norris always is a possibility too. I know nothing about a launch on Hornby (always arrive by boat) But I do see tin boats beached at Grassy Point during the summer. maybe the ferry slip?

From a "Beautiful British Columbia" brochure on Hornby Island:

Boating

The upgraded Ford's Cove Marina is the best spot on the island to tie up and overnight in the shelter of a breakwater and causeway. Fill up at the fuel dock, stock up at the grocery store or dine on takeout pizza and fish-and-chips here. Boaters can also drop anchor at Shingle Spit and Tribune Bay. Boat launches are at Grassy Point and Shingle Spit.

Launch your boat if you can at Union Bay or Deep Bay and save your self some cash towing it on the ferry then tie up at Fords Cove.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, launched at Deep Cove and parked on the street for the weekend no charge. Tied up at fords cove. Fishing was interesting. Lots of folks at Norris on Sunday, we just managed two misses and and a borderline undersize. Two Cookie cutter 11 lb white springs on Monday. Great area to fish for the first time.

Cheers

Back