Launch

TGofers

help! Need to take the kids out and get crabs and fish in the next two weeks. Here is the challenge, boat is towed by my rear wheel drive Ford 250. Last year we launched at sunset marina and barely got out of the launching area only to barely make it up the hill to the road!!! Super steep. Boat is a deep haul 7000lb machine and truck is qualified to haul it just looking for something close to where the fish and crabbing might be decent without the worry of a super steep boat ramp. Anyone familiar with Harrison Lake boat ramp, we launch all day long there with no issues so looking for something familiar to that steepness.
Thanks in advance!!

From my recollection porteau cove is not too bad. Bit of a run to fishing though.

Rocky point in port moody. Cates park in north van is a bit steep. Mcdonald Beach is decent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cates park in north van is great, the road going down in to the park and launching area is moderately steep then flattens out, nothing like sunset. I take my Grady in and out there
and the launch is great with good water on any tide, crabbing right out front or a 15-20 min run to the harbor for fishing and crabbing

launch at the laugh lot.. rocky point.

Vanier park would be good, really close to crab grounds pretty flat launch but need a mid to high tide. I use this one all the time.

Vanier park would be good, really close to crab grounds pretty flat launch but need a mid to high tide. I use this one all the time.

Vanier is going to get alot better. Starting this spring, there will be a major re-development of the launch. Including new docks and a steeper ramp.

Rocky point is an excellent launch with a great launch angel and good traction bars all the way down. Add an extra 500 lbs. in the back of your truck right on the rear axle for extra traction and you should be ok.

Actually there are no angels at Rocky point.......Should have typed angle

Vanier is going to get alot better. Starting this spring, there will be a major re-development of the launch. Including new docks and a steeper ramp.

Thats great news, was it announced somewhere? Would worthwhile to get a seasonal use pass if that is the case.

Thats great news, was it announced somewhere? Would worthwhile to get a seasonal use pass if that is the case.

Not yet announced, just in the planning stages. Consultant has been hired and has met with user groups.

Its $30 to launch and lots of parking, i go there all the time, its a great launch with a huge dock and when you pull the boat out their hoses have pressure like a fire truck

Its $30 to launch and lots of parking, i go there all the time, its a great launch with a huge dock and when you pull the boat out their hoses have pressure like a fire truck
Thanks just getting ready to plop it back in I'll give it a try as theyre right beside my marina almost

Work has finally started on the East float. I just hope when they are finished that the ramp itself gets a proper slope put on it so it can be good on all tide ranges.

Work has finally started on the East float. I just hope when they are finished that the ramp itself gets a proper slope put on it so it can be good on all tide ranges.

The East ramp will be re-graded but unfortunately it won't help at low tide. To fix that dredging is required and there is no budget for that.

Back