last weekend fishing trip 100 lb hali great pics

R

redfox13

hello everyone:) this three day trip was awsome we caught a 100 lb hali. there is a great story to this fish. in to about a hour of fighting the halibut my line went slack and i thought i lost it. but 10 seconds later about 50 feet from are small bout this huge sealion
came to the surface with the my halibut in his mouth[:0]. this animal was so big it took my halinut and tosted it out of the water and into the air. everytime it did this i would real as fast as i could and the fish would get close to the bout. but the sealion would take it back again this went on for 4 hours till i finaly got it:D. here are the pics notice the tale of the fish. there are also lots of other pics. i also caught a nine inch dunganess crab the biggest i\ve ever seen and it does not look like it in the pic but the wazes on the drive home where 7 to 11 feet high in a 14 foot aluminum this is a little scary[:0] anyway if you have any questions im more than happy to awnser[8D].please give feedback[^]. oh ya we also went to bishop bay hotsprings very nice natural hot springs:)

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u182/Redfox1331/?action=view&current=1175627101.pbw

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u182/Redfox1331/?action=view&current=1175627554.pbw

they seem to be working fine now but if anyone has problems let me now please[8D]

Must have been an exciting time that you are still getting over judging from your spelling both on this site and photobucket.
Fishing butts from a bout or was that a bout in a boat for a butt?
Just poking some fun, don't take it serious.
As for keeping a female halibut........not my cup of tea but good on you for sharing anyways.

What test line were you using? What's the limit on sea lions? Just kidding.. I've seen quite a few down in the Sue lately. Hopefully chasing the herring along with the Springs.

thunder i cought a 60 bl in the sue two weekends ago and a lot of king crab great fishing area.

Great, can't wait until the springs start rolling in. Got some nice halibut in the Hartley Bay area late last September. We had a triple header on one pass. Haven't been out for bottom fish lately. Crabbing is good right now but once everyone gets back in the water it will be a bit harder to get the big ones.

You every try North Kitsaway for King Crab. Got some there a few years ago.

thats some beautiful area in the douglas chanel. I lived in kitimat for 24 years. Almost thinking about dragging the boat from Victoria and going for a week of fishing....I miss that area. How long have you been in kitimat redfox?

quote:Originally posted by blueorca

As for keeping a female halibut...

What features distinguish a male from a female? I'm curious how to tell them apart when I get a chance to fish for them.

Sounds like it was gonna get ate whether he kept it or not. Might as well be him as a damm seal. Nice fish!

striperjack ive lived here for 26 years born and raised
[8D]