Large chunks' of B.C. Crown land could end up in hands of Indigenous Nations | Vancouver Sun

I actually think there would be a large portion of vancouver urbanites and academics that would be in supportive of this type of land transfer. IT would be a huge loss of revenue tho for the province.

taxes, taxes and more taxes.

May have to take up chinook fishing in Alaska if this comes to pass. This is not good news. I am glad I got spend as much time on the central coast as I expect it will get much more challenging to enjoy it in the future.

The environmentalist will soon no longer have a voice in BC. My prediction is the resource sector will be booming on these lands. The vast amounts of wealth sitting on the lands will be a revenue source that they wont be able o say no to. There will be no government regulations or policy to stop it. Soon these nations will have more revenue & wealth than the rest of the province.

BUT, who will rule the lands? Elected or Hereditary chiefs? .......What a **** show...

Terrible day for Canada

The environmentalist will soon no longer have a voice in BC. My prediction is the resource sector will be booming on these lands. The vast amounts of wealth sitting on the lands will be a revenue source that they wont be able o say no to. There will be no government regulations or policy to stop it. Soon these nations will have more revenue & wealth than the rest of the province.

BUT, who will rule the lands? Elected or Hereditary chiefs? .......What a **** show...

Terrible day for Canada
Not exactly like our current landlords are looking after the environment up till now. Can I say Mt. Polley or

discharge-pipe-at-tulsequah-chief-mine.JPG

A B.C. government inspectors' report last year highlighted concerns with acidic discharge from the mine site going into the Tulsequah River. (Government of B.C.)

Back