Langford Lake monster

Sorry no picture but we saw it get caught and measured.

Question is how much would it weigh?

Length was 25" plus from nose to tail and girth was 15"

If Dale, gentleman who was on the right end of the stick, is on this site maybe he has a photo.

Funny how when there is almost nobody else on the water you can really hear a guy in another boat when he is excited. And he was excited!!!!

Biggest Rainbow I have seen caught.

I guess that's what happens when you put time on the water and let the small one's go.

James

Nice fish, I was going to guess 6 lbs. You don't get many like that one. At least I don't. ;)

I saw two kids in a punt at Langford a few years back that nailed two big ones like you describe and another one slightly smaller. All fish exceeded 4 pounds easily, two of them close to 6. I saw the fish with my own two eyes, one was tickling the scale at almost 6 pounds when it was weighed at the launch. They were pretty excited. For good reason, that's a pretty good day.

Saw the name "Dale" mentioned ~ So I phone my little brother Dale ~ who fishes the lake alot and sure enough it was him that caught it ~ It weighed in at 6lbs 13oz at The new Best Buy Fishing Store in Colwood ~ he's still excited :)

Hey Kcw

I can imagine he will be smilling for a month.

Dale has been very helpful to us and openly discusses lures and techniques etc... without being condesending. He has been there early with us a couple of times and it is nice to see a helpful guy do very well and he does. I must say there are clearly quite a group of regulars we have seen this spring (winter) and most have been great guys / ladies.

I think Dale was just happy to see someone else there when he caught. Proof so to speak.

James

Length X Girth X Girth again divide by 800 is the formula used and is ususlly within 10% of accuracy

Length X Girth X Girth again divide by 800 is the formula used and is ususlly within 10% of accuracy

X2 This is exactly how I "weigh" Salmon and it is quite amazingly accurate. From my experience over the last several years for fish in that teenager to -30 lbs this measurement has been probably more accurate than most cheap spring scales. I'd say within 3-4% of accurate . The other thing about using it that I like is it is consistant from fish to fish as oppossed to comparing fish using different scales ( that can vary) .
What I don't know is how well the calculation works for smaller fish like trout and small salmon. This Rainbow calculates out to 7.03 lbs usng the above calculation in Gidyup's post. I'd say it works pretty well then on all sizes ( some lodges have found devide by 750 on larger fish over 30 lbs is even more accurate)

Tell Dale he actually got a 7 lber !!!! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw the name "Dale" mentioned ~ So I phone my little brother Dale ~ who fishes the lake alot and sure enough it was him that caught it ~ It weighed in at 6lbs 13oz at The new Best Buy Fishing Store in Colwood ~ he's still excited :)

If you want to ask Dale, I have a pick of that fish with him in the pic too. If he's ok with it I could e mail it to you to post, I cant post pics from here. I'll need you e mail addy.

Hello Yote , my brother does not have a computer , but would love to see the pic . Colud you e-mail it to me and i can print it off for him . 1leslie@telus.net Thank you

Hello guys,

Bill here fom Wise Buys I have Dales photo on my facebook page if any of you need to see the proof and ya he was pretty excited to bring it in and weigh it up Nice Fish Dale!!!!!! Wise Buys Fishing Supplies Facebook

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello guys,

Bill here fom Wise Buys I have Dales photo on my facebook page if any of you need to see the proof and ya he was pretty excited to bring it in and weigh it up Nice Fish Dale!!!!!! Wise Buys Fishing Supplies Facebook and it weighed 6lbs 13 oz

529257_4222654923034_163589752_n.jpg

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 137
Hey KCW

Tell Dale we are sorry it's not clear but taken by a 10 year old at 5:15 am before his morning hot chocolate so he still had the shakes.

Proof on the water!

James

Attachments

• 100_0496.jpg
    100_0496.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 285
So is this the most famous fresh water fish on the island yet? haha noice fish!

Back