Langara Lodge trip auction

marcr469

Parkinsons Society of BC is auctioning off a trip for two to Langara Lodge this evening, Absentee bids are welcome. Package includes:
• 4- or 5-day trip to Langara Fishing Lodge for 2 people in 2013
• Return air travel from Vancouver to the Haida Gwaii islands (just south of Alaska)
• Scenic helicopter flight to Langara Fishing Lodge on remote Langara Island
• Accommodations and all meals, including alcohol with meals
• Private unguided 20’ boat, all necessary fishing equipment and marine clothing
• Care of your catch, including vacuum-packing, flash-freezing and packaging for travel home
2013 eligible dates: May 28 – June 1, June 1-4, June 8-11, June 11-15, June 15-18; June 29 – July 2,
Aug 31–Sept 3, Sept 3-7
Call BC Parkinsons @ 604-662-3240 by 4:30 to arrange for offsite bidding.

Last edited by a moderator:
price unknown

No idea what it will go for, but it's a non fishing crowd, if it's in your budget, i'd bid, keep in mind as a registered charity, there is no tax which saves an additional 1100.00 on top of the 9500.00.

It is unguided and I would assume its for LFL (Langara Floating Lodge) plus all dates are off season dates. I think Cuba Libre has the got price correct at 3-5g. But it is for charity and could go for more then its really worth cause of that.

It is unguided and I would assume its for LFL (Langara Floating Lodge) plus all dates are off season dates. I think Cuba Libre has the got price correct at 3-5g. But it is for charity and could go for more then its really worth cause of that.

Don't think so - we had a Duncanby trip (identical terms, self guided) donated for our derby a few years back and it was $7000 value. The charter flight is the killer there.

Last edited by a moderator:

June 29-July ? is hardly off season.... At least not while I guided there. Humpies and Yoyo's won't be too thick and if you want to target Chinooks that is a good trip to pick. I am sure the guides will be sending the guests home with their pick of Chinooks etc.

All the "really good dates" were gone a long time ago.

Off season? not in the north my friend........june is prime time for chinooks.

Most guys are usually pretty dam good in the saltwater sections minus the BST thread some days... Think they are just suffering from PMS. :)

Sure hope they raise some good money for this item. As they should.....

Gotta agree with you - I've lost a couple of friends to Parkinsons - it's a terrible disease.

Back