Landing net recommendations?

Thanks. Where can you buy them locally?

I had to call them to find a supplier, I bought mine from the Reel Doctor in Edmonton Alberta. Not sure who is selling them in BC.

And I have the 50-96 inch handle.... easily works around my offshore platform but you better be strong to lift a fish at the very end lol.

Just discovered another catch and release net at the boat show today.

https://beckmanfishingnets.com/product-category/coated-nets/

There was a Beckman rubber catch and release net hanging on one of the new Duckworth boats that was pretty light and seemed like it would do the job. Don’t know the model # but the net bag was definitely fish friendly.

Looks like they’re on Amazon and well under $100 USD.

Well I ended up buying a Beckman 31”x36”x6’ net. Very nice quality and only $80 USD. Perfect size for salmon. About as small as you can get while still being able to scoop a 20-30# fish with ease. Anything bigger in net size and you end up moving to a larger mesh and the hoop size (area) is massive IMO.

I have 2 nets on the boat..both scotty.. 9 seasons... same bags..I replaced one of the scotty bags with the Gibbs release bag ..so if i do require a relase net i have it... Us the gaff for most releases... :)

I am looking to replace the net bag on my 30" Scotty with the 6 ft handle. My complaint on the Scotty is the net bag is too deep. Comparing the two in the local store today it looked like the Gibbs non rubber Catch and Release bag will fit the Scotty frame. I was looking at a Gibbs 50" Catch and Release Net. Which bag from the following list on the Gibbs site did you use?

upload_2020-7-20_14-2-5.png

RS nets, they are expensive but the best quality net ive seen and used.
I’m on my second season with an RS net. It is a TANK. No wonder it is guaranteed forever. The bag has a ton of drag. It is very difficult for my 14 year old to use. The coating is very nice and seems to be gentle to fish and hooks don’t stick easily.

like you Barry, every fish I get to keep has to be clipped. I find the wild at the boat coho the hardest to tell. Chinook are much more docile at the boats edge.

Well I ended up buying a Beckman 31”x36”x6’ net. Very nice quality and only $80 USD. Perfect size for salmon. About as small as you can get while still being able to scoop a 20-30# fish with ease. Anything bigger in net size and you end up moving to a larger mesh and the hoop size (area) is massive IMO.

Beckman nets are nice and are available at PNT.. both webbing versions :)

I just replaced the damaged net bag on my Cabelas net with the Beckman 31"x36" bag. Very pleased with the quality.

I bought a slightly used Scotty net for I think $30. It’s mint. I replaced the bag with a C&R net. Awesome

Back