Laker and Walleye Action.

walleyes

Crew Member
Got out for some Laker and Walleye action on my last days off. Lakers are a bit scattered out yet from ice off couple weeks and they will be fishing better. Walleye were hitting good had a few awesome days with them. Had a good feed one day,, man I forget how darn good those things are. If anybody hasn't tried them you truly are missing something,, with out a doubt the best eating fish there is bar none..

Had the 9 weight set at 90' on the rigger for lakers, its a blast when they hit it,, cant wait to run it for the pinks this summer when i'm out west,, if your out near Sooke this mid Aug and you hear an old guy laughing and having a ball catching Pinks that will be me lol,, Can't wait.

Decent little fish on the fly rod.
image.jpg2_zpsfx62i74n.jpg

Got the Grandkids out for an afternoon with Pappa on the water. Started teaching the 3 year old granddaughter the basics of setting Anchovies in the holder,, it wont take her long she will get on it,, she's as sharp as a tack. Couple years she can bait and set rods for me and I will just run the tacks. Had her learning how to run a straight tack on the boat while I set bait this go round.
image.jpg1_zpsday2edrw.jpg

Nice walleye,, this one ran 6.5#,, let it go to breed and kept a couple just over the size slot..
image.jpg2_zpsfjp2wgdp.jpg

And some smaller ones,, the eaters.
image.jpg3_zps4fapleal.jpg

IMG_0244_zpsm5haf5i0.jpg

Nice Picts. Love fishing lakers, love eating walleye !

Yep,those walleye are tasty little buggers for sure.I myself prefer only Halibut over them but I'm probably biased being
born and raised on the coast.One of the things I really miss about living in the interior.

Back