Ladysmith Boat Launch's

Looking at going for a boat ride and launching in Ladysmith on the weekend but I see there is a 1.3 low tide at 10:30 am. Can anyone recommend a decent ramp there that is usable at low time?

Can anyone give me some information on the Ladysmith boat ramp? Is there good parking for a truck and trailer? A float to tie to when launching and retrieving and any other useful pointers>

I've launched a 23 Hourston there probably 10 years ago -- retrieving on a low tide was a bit iffy. There is a finger float, also a bit iffy. Lots of room for truck and trailer parking, and free at that time.

The biggest thing to check is whether the change in land title for Ladysmith Marina has had any impact on accessing the ramp.

I've launched a 23 Hourston there probably 10 years ago -- retrieving on a low tide was a bit iffy. There is a finger float, also a bit iffy. Lots of room for truck and trailer parking, and free at that time.

The biggest thing to check is whether the change in land title for Ladysmith Marina has had any impact on accessing the ramp.

Not yet but it's coming. I expect we will lose it.

Last edited:
Lots of tuck and trailer parking. Best to launch at 1/3 tide or above. There are a couple decent finger docks now. But depending on the tide they can be pretty short. Great ramp. Sad to hear it’s possibly changing

Back