Kyuquot

Stormsails

I've been fishing around Kyuquot the last couple of weeks done pretty well Hali and Lings but not sure where to to fish for salmon. Not looking for anyone secret spots just the usual tacks point to point. Caught one Spring between Thornton and Spring Island last week. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That's the usual honey hole for inshore around this time of year. We've always done well in the channel by Spring/Lookout Island. One year we were done in a couple hours, next year we were grinding for a bite. Offshore is a no-go so you are limited. Any other boats around in those areas?

Only saw a few local boats last time I was out, not a lot of boats fishing. Weather hasn't been the best either. I'm going to try again this weekend if the weather is decent.

Look for the local boats
Try grassy island at the 130-140 line
Check rugged point as well
Good luck!

We caught most of our springs at rugged point last year. My biggest fish was caught on a plug between spring island and lookout island. I'll be in kyuquot in a week and was wondering how the road conditions are to fair harbour.

I'm not sure what the road to Fair Harbour is like, the road to Zeballos is pretty good. We've been launching out of the Artlish, which is a really rough road for a boat trailer.

Back