Kyuquot

Rover

were heading up there for our annual Family trip on Friday, I usually get good reports from the locals but havent heard anything this time around,

Anyone been up there recently that can report on numbers or what lure is filling the freezers this year, Last year it was the "dolphin" pattern coyote spoon 6" straight up no flasher, all but one fish salmon and hallys included died at its hook

Give me a day and I can get you a report. I'll be up for our annual trek in early August.

Hey Rover,

Here is word for word from a friend who guides up there.

It`s been easy fishing for the salmon at the reef, except on the southeasters, and they seem to bite anything. Salmon just about everywhere, right now, only mostly teeners. I caught a 22 lb spring our last fishing trip and it won the pot for biggest, so hard to find the 20 lbers. I think there is the odd tyee at Spring Island but it has been slow fishing there, so far, except maybe the odd evening bite that is okay. Miniature halis right now too, kind of weird.

Just got back yesterday, had a good trip, It was fairly hard to puck up any salmon whatsoever and it was even hard to get anything above ten pounds, mostly just next years spawners around and mostly hatchery fish, we did however manage to bring in one 32 pounder on the first day fishing behind thornton where we went in search of some shelter from rough conditions and it was the only action we saw besides some lings all day. we got a limit of Halis as well the biggest being 30 pounds but talking to some of the guides someone came in the day I left with a 40 and an 80 pounder. spoons worked best for us fishing right on the bottom and we picked up most of our fish in the morning or around 4 in the afternoon.

It was a great trip as always and although we didnt limit out on springs our coolers were still full and we were happy with the good company and what we bought home

Back