Know any good mobile marine electrician in Sooke?

zeke

I am having some trouble with my 2 battery setup and wondered if anyone knows a good mobile marine electrician. My boat is in the water in Sooke and I prefer not to pull it.

I have 2 batteries connected through a perko switch. All was working fine most of the season. Then a couple weeks ago I get this problem. Switch to 1 (cranking battery) and the big engine fires up, but the small engine nothing but a tick. Switch to 2 (deep cycle) small engine turns over perfectly, big engine nothing. Run on BOTH and both engines turn over fine. This is managable but something is wrong. Want to get it fixed before it gets worse.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Cleaning connections is always the first thing. Also could try switching the battery's to test if its the switch/connections/wire or the batteries. The guy that does the electrical section at trotac works on off hours. go in and also see if he has any ideas. (dont know if hes any good he just mentioned it to me the other day.) Guy at Harbour Chandler in Naniamo is very good and might help you over the phone if you can get him. Use a muiltmeter to check voltage and amperage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Runabout Mobile Marine Repair, his name is Marc Shubrook. ( 250)-744-9720, he was working last year not sure about this year, Driller

get a hold of tiger prawn (Glen) if you want his number pm me

Thank you all who responded. I will give the terminals a clean and check the ground. If it is still not working I will reach out to the contacts you have provided. Thanks again for the advice and leads.

Thanks again for the great advice. Cleaned all connections with wire brush and sandpaper and voila, everything works like a charm. Thanks again!

Back