Kiwigrip on aluminum deck

Sculpin

Anyone use Kiwigrip on an aluminum deck before? The product had some problems with availability due to no French on the labelling:( but is apparently going to be available again very soon. I'm looking for gray coloured stuff but every store I have been into is sold out.

It looks like a great product. Just wondering if anyone has used it on bare aluminum before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not exactly sure what the product is that you are talking about. I have a Lifetimer with a grey, non-slip texturing on the floor. It's almost like a thin stucco, or concrete. I think they apply it with a trowell. If that's the stuff you're looking for, perhaps contact Lifetimer in Duncan. My boat is 12 years old now and the flooring has stood up remarkably well, and I blast it hard with the power washer.

Anyone use Kiwigrip on an aluminum deck before? The product had some problems with availability due to no French on the labelling:( but is apparently going to be available again very soon. I'm looking for gray coloured stuff but every store I have been into is sold out.

It looks like a great product. Just wondering if anyone has used it on bare aluminum before.
Have you tried Harbour Chandler? They carry it, and if they are out of that colour, they can get it in within a few days. I looked up the product on the web a while back, lots of positive feedback from users, and would like to use it myself...soon

Not exactly sure what the product is that you are talking about. I have a Lifetimer with a grey, non-slip texturing on the floor. It's almost like a thin stucco, or concrete. I think they apply it with a trowell. If that's the stuff you're looking for, perhaps contact Lifetimer in Duncan. My boat is 12 years old now and the flooring has stood up remarkably well, and I blast it hard with the power washer.

That sounds very similar to Kiwigrip. I will give them a call. Thanks for the info.

Have you tried Harbour Chandler? They carry it, and if they are out of that colour, they can get it in within a few days. I looked up the product on the web a while back, lots of positive feedback from users, and would like to use it myself...soon

I buy most of my boating stuff through them Mi Chica and yes they have it but not the grey colour in stock. They are the ones who told me about the whole labelling thing and availability. Sounds like it might be sorted out now.

Cheers,
John

Lucked out and found a gallon of the Kiwigrip in gray. I'm going to go for it. I'll post up the results when finished.

Back