Kicker recommendation for my Arima

I'm running a 20 hp Suzuki which is fuel injected. Its been 4 seasons of guiding. Excellent motor. I'm a died in the wool customer of Breakers Marine - 2 locations (Port Alberni and Bamfield). Excellent service.

Called Bridgeview this afternoon. They have Suzuki 9.9 25" with electric start and trim for $3,800+Tax. Installation is $750 extra.
Seems like it'd be cheaper to look for used ones in the States or just wait until the boat show specials come out :)
I installed the controls and ran the wiring for my kicker. the final connections/ initial start up was around $100. Call maple marine. They sell Suzuki.

Tohatsu 9.9 EFI 25” shaft is $4000 at maple marine. Includes controls, rigging, prop and fuel tank. Charging system is 12 amps instead of 6 on the Suzuki, and 8 lbs lighter. Install it yourself, save some $$.

Breakers wants $4,200 for a new Suzuki 9.9
They have a 2016 that they want $3,600 for (warranty has already started on that one).
Tohatsu does not seem to be the value proposition it used to be. 9.9 efi, power tilt, 25" shaft is $4,088 @ Maple Marine in Langley - based on features, it still looks like a better value than the Suzuki.
Both Suzuki and Tohatsu can be purchased online in the US for USD 2,800-2,900, which with current exchange reates works out to ~$3,700.

$750 t0 install a kicker sounds ridiculous.

Back