Kicker engine electrical connection

Bifmalibu

I have a Yamaha T8 for a kicker and I store my boat in my drive way. I can't leave the engine on the boat or it will get stolen by some dead beat. In the past I have always mounted the engine, ran the cables through the splash well and eventually connected the ring terminals to the house battery. I am wondering what people use for connections to the battery rather than removing the nuts each time. Is there a better option for quick connect terminal ends or something like that?

If there is room for the ring terminal and wing but above the nut on the studs get a couple of wing nuts and you have a quick connector without removing the nuts.

Canso, I like that idea. Thanks. I just need to find a waterproof version of that then I could leave it out back. If not, I'd need to store it inside the rear bulk head. My goal is to get away from having to remove all the rear panels and fish the cable through each time. Ideally, I'll be able to install the kicker, reach the electrical connectors, plug it in and walk away without having to get in the boat in the driveway.

you could use a battery quick connector but it’s not meant for the salt water environment. I use them for truck winches and vehicle boosting applications. If you could mount it in a dry space it should work.

http://www.qualitydist.net/pico-6384pt.html
I have these for my davit power system and don't see any signs of corrosion yet. If you use this connection inside the boat close to the battery and use a bit of dielectric grease you should be ok.

I haven't installed yet but did purchase 12v plug and recessed receptacle. I was going to recess the receptacle in the engine area similar to my shore power. Everytime I take the motor off I just have to un plug it. Everything was water resistant marine grade
sent on tapatalk

Back