kayak fishing 2015

Could one drive near and launch a kayak at woods nose beach? I see a bit of development there on google maps. Upcoming Weather looks great for a fishing paddle to east point and botanical beach.

We're going up for a power boat trip on the first weekend in October, so I'll check it out. That would certainly save that long paddle out from the mouth of the river to east point.

We're going up for a power boat trip on the first weekend in October, so I'll check it out. That would certainly save that long paddle out from the mouth of the river to east point.

I'd be interested in finding out as well. This would be a great place to fish if the paddle wasn't so long.

I posted in the Renfrew forum and it appears to be private and quite a hike with a boat. Going tomorrow for a paddle fish with my better half and if we have time, i'll check it out from the water side. Probably launch at the public wharf. Looks like low swell and nice fall weather for it.

Launched on Monday near the hotel Reasonably close paddle to woods nose, maybe 15-20 mins if you were going direct but we were following the coast in close til the nose. Coho seem depressingly absent at Renfrew. Didn't make much effort though, tried around mid day high tide off east point to woods nose. Checked another boat and they indicated nada. River mouth fishing wasn't really happening either.

Back