Kamloops - Easy Access River/Lakes

waddy29

Heading up this long weekend to visit some family in Kamloops but hoping to get out somewhere for a few casts. Not familiar with the area... anyone have any recommendations for something with easy access that I could spin cast? Don't really care what I target as it will just be C&R.

Only tackle I'll have is my rod and several lures. No waders or anything..
Thanks in advance

South Thompson River - chinook fry are up so it should be fishing well on flies, spoons or spinners. Good access/fishing on the North side both up and down stream of the Lafarge bridge east of town. Mouths of Campbell and Monte Creeks are also good spots to look for. You can shore cast at Jacko and Six Mile, but both are fly lakes and will be gong shows as not many lakes are open yet - heard there were 30-50 boats on Jacko on Sunday …

Ukee

jacho will be good, but yup, it'll be a gong show right now.... but there will be some nice fish hooked for sure... as mentioned, thompson river should be good. might even do okay just casting off the shore of kamloops lake, down near tranquille creek or near the train tunnel... but jacho would be better for numbers of fish...

If you're spin casting Jacko or Edith, fish a bobber to a swivel a bit of split shot above the swivel for weight an 18-inch or so leader and bead head micro-leeches or a pumpkin head. Fish are very shallow as both lakes are pre-turn over so no need to try to cast to the middle of the lake, guys at Jacko or targeting them in the flooded timber.

Ukee

Back