Juvenile Salmon Usage of the Skeena River Estuary

What a nightmare. Saanich inlet next.

My first thought when the new dropped was about mill bay and all the "no lng in the inlet" signs thinking they should change them to "in bc".

One of the most pristine areas left in the Pacific Northwest of Canada sold to the highest bidder. I could care less about the economy there won't be a natural world left to live in.

Increased tanker traffic is a given for transport which is really bad for all sorts of sea creatures, can't see any of those conditions skirting that problem.

increased fracking, increased earthquakes, more shale gas roads, pipelines and wells to cut up farm and treaty land across northeastern BC, vast amounts of fresh water will be consumed, the creation of hundreds of wastewater wells in the region, the contamination of groundwater... more global warming due to the amounts of methane that will leak, and a shipping port built on top of a sensitive and very important important juvenile wild salmon habitat at the mouth of the Skeena... very disappointed in the Trudeau government. and in the BC liberals but that's to be expected. how they got around first nations is beyond me. I thought they were all against it. will be interesting to see how this plays out. it doesn't even make economical sense with the price of LNG and the glut in the marketplace.
people come to BC to see something beautiful and natural. They better come quick before it's all gone...

That's going to hurt.....

Q&A
Federal environment minister defends approval of Pacific NorthWest LNG
Catherine McKenna says Canada will still be able to meet climate obligations despite megaproject

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/pacific-northwest-lng-1.3783157

Q: This project alone is projected to add 8.5 per cent to B.C.'s carbon emissions. Does that mean Canada won't be able to meet its climate targets?

A: We are very clear that we're going to meet our international climate targets. I was very pleased to see Premier Clark reiterate yesterday her commitment to increase B.C.'s carbon tax, because it's a recognition that the environment and the economy have to go together, and that's how we're developing our pan-Canadian plan. All major resource projects all have to fit within Canada's plan.

Last edited:
Prince Rupert Northern View
September 28 at 8:29am ·
Thoughts about the federal government's decision on approving Pacific NorthWest LNG's project or about anything else in the news that sparks your interest?

Send your LETTER TO THE EDITOR at newsroom@thenorthernview.com or post in a message to the Northern View's Facebook page.
Be sure to include your full name and your location.

We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Dissecting the spin behind the Royal visit to B.C. and the Trudeau government's conditional approval of an LNG plant
by Charlie Smith on October 1st, 2016 at 10:34 AM
http://www.straight.com/news/799116...-trudeau-governments-conditional-approval-lng

There is only one thing that this guy got right....
"Sometimes, it's hard to take the news seriously. There's so much public relations and bluster going on that you need to be a grandmaster in chess to figure out the game." the rest is nonsense. So far I'm not sure most people can see what has been laid out in front of them on this approval.

Back