Just back from Ucluelet

gpspowell

Well actually, since I live near Denver, we left four days ago. What a beautiful place. The fishing was fantastic & we met many great & friendly people I left here hoping a trip to Ucluelet would result in (hopefully) one or two fish near 25 lbs. I ended up with a 22#, a 25#, a 32#, & a 34#. Most of the Chinooks were still out on Big Bank and not every day was comfortable out there (a couple of the days were much worse than uncomfortable) but it didn't matter. Crabbing was productive & tasty, sightseeing was beyond description for someone raised in a dessert, and the Cohos were voracious (so was the sea lion that decided my first Chinook of day three was his). Thanks to all here on this board that (unknowingly) helped me be prepared for this trip and especially thanks to Ray and others who shared enough coordinates with me to get me started.

I couldn't help posting a pic of me with the first spring I've ever caught.
spring.gif

Good job on the catch, I have been fishing different locations on the west coast for 7 years and everytime I get over there I am in awe of the scenery and I grew up here. Sounds like you will be back, just don't tell any one else.[8D]LOL

Back