John Horgan running for NDP leader

Duffer

Good news!! Finally a bright light in BC Politics I know this man personally he is genuine, honest , intelligent, and he supports sports fishing. I wish John good luck in his campaign for NDP leadership!

Last edited by a moderator:
Way better than any of the other parties candidates. He actually understands how important rec fishing is to the local economy. More power to him!

Hourigan may be dialed into the fisherman's interests,
but 4 years of NDP could mean trouble for B.C.
Taxes would likely increase to support social programs
and infrastructure expenditures.

I have personally sat down with him as he wanted to hear what i had to say RE halibut and fisheries HE has ATTENDED may SFAB meetings wrote letters on our behalf to federal fisheries HE WILL DEFINITELY get my vote a good honest person who grew up in Victoria and sees whats really going on time for a change this last one what they give us OH YEAH HST that got scraped look what that cost us.....

So we should not raise taxes. Not fund social programs. And not spend any money on infrastructure upgrades. Geez Scott, that's pretty hardcore. So how did the present government do us any favours by delaying infrastructure upgrades on Hydro (except smart meters) ???? You got 35% increases coming your way if you think that worked out.

So we should not raise taxes. Not fund social programs. And not spend any money on infrastructure upgrades. Geez Scott, that's pretty hardcore. So how did the present government do us any favours by delaying infrastructure upgrades on Hydro (except smart meters) ???? You got 35% increases coming your way if you think that worked out.

I'm not saying we don't need social programs or infrastructure spending Warren,
only that under NDP governments of the past, the spending ramped up.
they need the money from somewhere, so unless it comes from another sector
it comes from you and me and all the rest of the tax payers.

Voing for change is not a bad thing, voting for the NDP only means massive raises for all the public employees, and the teachers well thats another matter, huh I think voting NDP is like giving up

BANG on duffer!!! he has attended more of our fisheries meeting than most on here ........ and hes raised in Victoria jezz would,nt you like someone on our side for once??????

This guy might even win my vote. I voted Liberal in the last three elections because I couldn't find someone that resonated with my values and interests.

I'm not saying we don't need social programs or infrastructure spending Warren,
only that under NDP governments of the past, the spending ramped up.
they need the money from somewhere, so unless it comes from another sector
it comes from you and me and all the rest of the tax payers.

NDP or liberal; talk is cheap...keeping a promise is a different story...:rolleyes:

I've known John for a long time as we both went to Reynolds High School together for 5 years. He is a great guy and he has shown that he wants to help with the recreational sectors concerns. He has attended many meetings to keep himself informed and up to date on the latest issues. If he can win the NDP leadership race and then bring the party a little closer to the centre from the far far left he could possibly win a general election. I would vote for him if the party moved in that direction. Hey we have a Provincial Liberal party way out in right field so why not the NDP budging a bit? If not, having a good man at the helm isn't enough to win....unless the other party has a major scandal leading up to election time.

I have personally sat down with him as he wanted to hear what i had to say RE halibut and fisheries HE has ATTENDED may SFAB meetings wrote letters on our behalf to federal fisheries HE WILL DEFINITELY get my vote a good honest person who grew up in Victoria and sees whats really going on time for a change this last one what they give us OH YEAH HST that got scraped look what that cost us.....
Anyone who really believes that HST cost us has no clue of economics. The separated GST/PST cost this province sooooooo much more than any measly savings that we got back on restaurant bills and lawyer fees.

If he is district malahat and jdf I would love to hear his stance on the shawnigan watershed issue. Many in malahat are completely pissed off with how politicians are dealing with it.... Opposition and Liberals... The community on Shawnigan and malahat area don't really seem to matter up here when it comes to discussion in the legislature.... Liberals have completely turned there back on many, and told us to go away.

We have an MLA for cowichan, but it effects malahat JDF as well. As it effects CRD watershed, and many people in malahat region near the SIA disposal site. If he wants to hear more the residents association is having a town hall tonight if he wants to listen to it..... There is also a formal protest by our community and several businesses at the legislature on Thursday. Shawnigan lake and Dwight International schools I believe are also expected to attend the rally Thursday. More info here:http://www.thesra.ca/news/251-two-important-saveshawniganwater-community-events

And yes Wolf's right he went to all our fishery meeting when no one else didn't..... I remember that...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back