Jabsco Alcohol Stove

Labman2

My new/old boat, has a Jabsco "PAR" Model #42820-0000 Alcohol Stove.

I have the original paperwork that came with it, ( mid 70s), in the pamplet the stove calls for
" Marine Stove Alcohol" !
I've seen Isopropyl 70%, but what is, and where would you get the marine alcohol and can you use something besides it?
I did a "Google" on the stuff, seems that it's used to make Hash oil, so it is fairly well regulated!
West Marine has a substitute, but it can't be mailed/shipped!

I buy stove alcohol from Harbour Chandler in Nanaimo...I'm sure you can get it just about anywhere. You want to use proper stove alcohol, as it burns soot free and has a visible flame. The main danger with alcohol stoves the invisible flame.

I posted this on a U.S. site that I'm a member of, the comments are to use de-natured alcohol. Not sure that I've ever seen that, there were more than a few that suggested "Everclear" also! LOL

I posted this on a U.S. site that I'm a member of, the comments are to use de-natured alcohol. Not sure that I've ever seen that, there were more than a few that suggested "Everclear" also! LOL
I like the everclear idea then when you want to mess with someone open up the tank and pour some off into a glass of coke.

Back